2016 rxt-x 300: 7 mpg cruise, 68 mph gps top speed

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
:fyws:

Sea-Doo RXT-X 300 (2016-) 2016 Reviews,performance,compare,price,warranty, specs,Reports,Specifications Layout, video | BoatTEST.com

With the Intelligent Braking and Reverse system engaged, the RXT-X 300 drops down off plane and stops with the driver in complete control, safely aboard.

Now in its second generation, Sea-Doo’s iBR is an advanced, electronically activated braking and reversing system that the company says can help stop forward motion 160’ sooner than a model with no braking system. It’s activated by a quick squeeze of the left-hand lever, and it also gives the rider better slow speed control, especially useful when maneuvering around the dock and it always starts in neutral for safety.

An intelligent throttle control, or iTC, provides the RXT-X 300 with three power delivery curves. Its selectable Touring/Sport mode offers throttle response settings that are optimal for two-up cruising, or more aggressive acceleration and mid-range power, respectively. And an Eco mode targets the most economical RPM setting for best economy. Finally, Sea-Doo incorporates Off throttle Assisted Steering, or O.T.A.S., that seamlessly provides additional steering effect when the throttle is released.

he new Rotax 1630 produces 300-hp from its 1.6L, aluminum block with increased efficiencies in friction reduction and engine cooling.

The new Rotax 1630 ACE (Advanced Combustion Efficiency) engine is 9% bigger than the venerable Rotax 1503 and creates 15% more power with a boosted 300-hp, according to Sea-Doo. The new engine has a longer stroke compared to the Rotax 1503, raising displacement to 1.6L and increases efficiency in two areas; friction reduction and better cooling.

A new protective plasma coating on engine cylinder liners creates a metallic layer that provides a hard and durable surface to withstand piston friction forces, improves surface durability, and produces better heat transfer and superior performance. A reengineered cooling system includes an additional heat exchanger and larger, more efficient engine oil cooler.

Performance

High performance is just one of the Sea-Doo RXT-X 300’s missions, and it delivers with gusto. The RXT-X 300 measures 139.2” (3.54 m) long, 48.2” (1.22 m) wide, weighs 914 lbs. (386 kg) dry, and holds 15.9 gallons (60 L) of fuel. At 8020 rpm, we recorded a wide open throttle speed of 60 mph. The most economical cruising speed proved to be 30 mph at 4480 rpm, burning 4.4 gph and achieving a theoretical range of 97 statute miles, with a 10% fuel reserve.

The new RXT-X is designed for large bodies of water and moderate offshore conditions.

An innovative hull Sea-Doo calls the S3 adds to the rider’s confidence and comfort in rough water. It has a deep-V center section to knife cleanly through chop, and has stepped sections on the wide outer surfaces to help break suction on the hull bottom. It is capable of satisfying performance, but also adds to the comfort of predictable running characteristics for longer rides.

Top speed for the Sea-Doo RXT-X 300 (2016-) is 67.5 mph (108.6 kph), burning 25.1 gallons per hour (gph) or 95 liters per hour (lph).
Best cruise for the Sea-Doo RXT-X 300 (2016-) is 30.0 mph (48.3 kph), and the boat gets 6.8 miles per gallon (mpg) or 2.89 kilometers per liter (kpl), giving the boat a cruising range of 97 miles (156.11 kilometers).
Tested power is 1 x 300-hp Rotax ACE 1630cc.
For complete test results including fuel consumption, range and sound levels
go to our Test Results section

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
runs 75 with speed limiter removed.

RIVA Sea-Doo 2016+Up Speed Control Override Module

:fyws:

It’s time to learn the difference between “peak top speed” and “sustained speed.” The Internet forums and social media feeds are buzzing with cell phone pictures of hand-held GPS’ showing amazing speeds from the latest batch of supercharged runabouts from Sea-Doo and Yamaha. And while a standard off -the-shelf GPS will successfully record a true peak top speed, that number is not telling you how long the watercraft maintained that speed. Holding that top speed is what is called “sustained top speed” and that split second where the watercraft reached a top speed, is its “peak top speed.”

While the peak top speed reached is impressive, it is temporary as the factory ECU immediately scrubs ignition timing and cuts fuel to the engine, bringing the PWC back to a “factory limited” speed.

For 2016, the new 300-horsepower Sea-Doo RXP-X, RXT-X and GTX Limited can all reach impressive peak top speeds, with several reports coming in of 72-plus-mph on the USA ECU tune alone. Unfortunately, contrary to popular belief, both the USA-tuned and the International- tuned ECU for the new 2016 Sea-Doo 300-series watercraft (RXP-X 300, RXT-X 300 and GTX Limited 300) all have a speed limiter.

While the American-tuned Sea-Doo’s can temporarily reach a peak speed of 72+ mph, the GPS-monitored-speedometer will alert the ECU, and the engine will immediately begin backing down to around 68 mph. The same has been found for the “RS” or internationally tuned Sea-Doo’s, peaking at above 74mph (in some instances) and backing down to 72mph within a few seconds.

Thankfully, RIVA Racing has found a workaround for the factory speed control with their RIVA Sea-Doo 2016+ Speed Control Override Module (SCOM). By removing the restrictive GPS speed control function on Sea-Doo iControl models, all 300-model units equipped with the RIVA Racing SCOM will experience significant increases in top speed – all with retaining the stock ECU tune. This easy-to-install module also allows the unit to start in “Sport Mode” for maximum performance, with “Touring Mode” being manually selected after start up.

Removes GPS controlled speed limiter
Increases top speed utilizing stock ECU
Works on all 2016 300hp & 260hp models
Delivers 75mph top speed on 2016 RXP-X 300
Allows further top speed gains through aftermarket modifications

Allows system to start in “Sport Mode”
All original dash functions are retained
Easy plug-in installation
It is important to note that the stock ECU limits peak RPM for first 5 hours of operation for break-in purposes. Top speed increases should be measured after the 5 hour break in period.

By : KEVIN SHAW | 2016

All RIVA Racing Sea-Doo 2016+ Speed Control Override Modules are available for $199.95 and can be purchased at RIVA Racing PWC Watercraft Performance Parts & Accessories today.

RIVA Sea-Doo 2016+Up Speed Control Override Module

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
holy fuck :rofl: 80mph through tune.

Video: V-Tech Reflashed ECU Pushes Stock Sea-Doo RXP-X 300 Over 80mph | The Watercraft Journal

Ever since the release of the 300-horsepower Sea-Doos back in September, there has been a lot of speculation as to what they would be capable of once “unlocked” with ECU tuning. As we had expected, V-Tech Tuned came through and answered this question for us. The V-Tech crew is always hard at work trying to squeeze more performance out of today’s PWC by means of tuning the ECU (Engine Control Unit). This time, they started with a box stock 2016 Sea-Doo RXP-X 300 RS, which is basically an international model RXP-X with no speed limiter. The RS models are known to run between 71-72 mph on average, with some reports as high as 75.5 mph (under ideal conditions). While those numbers are plenty impressive, V-Tech knew there was more speed to be gained.

After working their magic with the ECU and raising the rev limiter to 8450 rpm, V-Tech took the ski out for testing, and hit a rather shocking speed. It got up to an unbelievable GPS-confirmed 81 miles per hour (130.5 km/h)! Talk about a stock class killer! If this thing reaches 81 mph with nothing more than a solitary ECU tune, imagine what it’s capable of after a full blown race setup. After a more aggressive ECU tune, properly pitched impeller to handle the extra power, and all the other aftermarket goodies, it may very well be in the mid 80s. Mid 80s partnered with the amazing handling the T3 hulls are known for equates to a closed course monster!
Check out the V-Tech tuned RXP-X 300 in action in the video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGlpldX4RoM

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
70 on the water is cranking. Awesome!

70mph doesn't feel fast, unless you get tossed. Then you see just how fast it is and be thankful its water you are about to hit.

I got caught by a wake once that was deeper than I thought. It launched me and the wave runner a good 15ft in the air. I remember being able to look down on the boat who's wake launched me and seeing the girls sunbathing on the deck

Reality set it and since it was lost I remember kicking off the wave runner. I hit the water on my back and skipped like a stone. It felt like forever. I was staring at this crystal clear blue sky with nothing but the wind whistling in my ears. It felt peaceful.

Then I hit the water again and was very glad I was wearing a wet suit as it and the life jacket prevented any bruising and pain from slapping the water. I remember swimming pretty damn far to get back to the WR. And while swimming, I had to reflect, that the girls had amazing tits.

SHARKBITEATTACK

Enthusiast
Jun 15, 2008
Bartlett
70mph doesn't feel fast, unless you get tossed. Then you see just how fast it is and be thankful its water you are about to hit.

I got caught by a wake once that was deeper than I thought. It launched me and the wave runner a good 15ft in the air. I remember being able to look down on the boat who's wake launched me and seeing the girls sunbathing on the deck

Reality set it and since it was lost I remember kicking off the wave runner. I hit the water on my back and skipped like a stone. It felt like forever. I was staring at this crystal clear blue sky with nothing but the wind whistling in my ears. It felt peaceful.

Then I hit the water again and was very glad I was wearing a wet suit as it and the life jacket prevented any bruising and pain from slapping the water. I remember swimming pretty damn far to get back to the WR. And while swimming, I had to reflect, that the girls had amazing tits.

:bowrofl:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
68mph GPS is fast on a PWC, can't dispute that. I would still buy a Yamaha due to reliability.

i would agree with you :iorun:

70 mph feels rippin' on the waaata.

and water hurts. :rofl: bad. granted not as bad as pavement, but close

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyfZIb2bTIs

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info