Kayak the mighty Nippersink thread

willsmysticcobra

Classifieds Mod
Mar 3, 2006
Algonquin
Some areas were stagnant , others you are against the wind so that made you push a bit . The riffles were actually pretty cool and make you plot your line through them . The ride gets a bit redundant with the constant irrigation switchbacks .... " oh look , another long left into a right with nothing but tall reeds to look at " lol

Overall it was awesome , we just had a bit to drink and burned out there. If you and your buddy paddle through and are focused you can rip the whole thing . I'll be tackling again soon .

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Some areas were stagnant , others you are against the wind so that made you push a bit . The riffles were actually pretty cool and make you plot your line through them . The ride gets a bit redundant with the constant irrigation switchbacks .... " oh look , another long left into a right with nothing but tall reeds to look at " lol

Overall it was awesome , we just had a bit to drink and burned out there. If you and your buddy paddle through and are focused you can rip the whole thing . I'll be tackling again soon .

we're gonna bring food and a lot of beer and wingit

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
1gKpewW.png

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I have dos yaks.

I usually go to the desplaines River. put in at isle a la cache in romeoville and take out at the old division street bridge in crest hill/Joliet. the river flows well the whole way so you can not paddle like crazy. then the last 1/2 mile is some of the only Rapids in Illinois. it's about a 5 mile trip.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
the water moves quite well through there most of the year, doing it sooner than later would be ideal though because immabettin' we're gonna see super low water levels come july.

i've had friends who have done that trip, all the way down the river, to my friend's house just before the locks... can't imagine how long that would have taken though.

i've paddled 6-7 miles on my paddle board before so i just kinda figured kayak would be doable with a bunch of buddy's and beer.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info