OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
NIOC Organizing Chain-O-Lakes Shootout in August
Expanding on its three charitable on-water events it hosts each year, the Northern Illinois Offshore Club recently announced the inaugural Chain-O-Lakes Shootout set for Saturday, Aug. 6 on Grass Lake.

According to Brad Zastrow, NIOC’s vice commodore, the club and its sponsors are excited to be hosting the one-mile radar run on Grass Lake with the world famous Blarney Island as the pit area and base of operations. The first-year event, which is open to boats 23 feet and larger, will showcase some of the area’s fastest boats from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday only.

Brad Zastrow said NIOC is modeling its new Chain-O-Lakes Shootout after the top-speed event in Missouri that is taking place for the 28th year in late August.

“Our club has been around for 15 years and we’ve been doing several runs a year like our Thunder Run and River Shiver, but with the club’s growth—we’re close to 200 members and 30 sponsors—we thought it would be fun to host a shootout this year,” explained Zatsrow, who said the club secured a permit to have the entire Grass Lake "No Wake" for the event for the safety of the participating boats and spectator boats. “We already have some good interest brewing. Along with positive support from the local agencies, what we really have going for us is that you can see the finish line from Blarney Island, one of the greatest boating bars in the country.

“We want to model this event after the Lake of the Ozarks Shootout,” added Zastrow, who participated in the top-speed event in Central Missouri in the canopied MTI he used to own. “We’re expecting somewhere between 40 and 50 boats to compete in the shootout and we have 60 slips reserved, free of charge, for the participants. It’s going to be organized with the same rules and classes similar to Ozarks.”

Scott Sjogren, who owns Shogren Performance Marine in McHenry, Ill., said his company, which is one of the club’s gold sponsors, stepped up to sponsor the Chain-O-Lakes Shootout because there’s never been an event like it for boaters in the area.

“NIOC is in the best position it has ever been in and its new leaders have been doing a phenomenal job of bringing performance boating back to the area, so not only are we going to be involved with the event from a sponsorship level but we’re also going to participate,” Sjogren said. “I think the venue is going to be great, too. I don’t know what kind of speeds we’ll see out there, but I can guarantee you it will be a lot of fun.”

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
LOL, im looking forward to this. Not really sure how they plan to execute this. They plan on making grasslake no wake but not closing this down to general traffic. So, are they rerouting general traffic around behind blarneys? I have been told the run will take place on the main strip from (6pack channel) grass channel to grasslake rd bridge. Either way I will make it out to watch this, should be fun.

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
luckily grass is just mud so they'll just churn it up a lil bit :rofl:

not true, you will find an engine block, probably a few snowmobiles..... i have busted a prop pulling into slip at blarneys, hit something really hard shut down engine. I hate that place, terrible bar, shitty food, if you even wanna call it food.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
meh who gives a fuck about them making grass lake a no wake zone for a event. That lake really isnt anything other then blarney's and the cheap fucks who like to drop at the state park for free. No wake through grass lake or no wake through petite and bluff to get to make marie going to take the same time.

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
meh who gives a fuck about them making grass lake a no wake zone for a event. That lake really isnt anything other then blarney's and the cheap fucks who like to drop at the state park for free. No wake through grass lake or no wake through petite and bluff to get to make marie going to take the same time.

I couldnt understand why people are upset on FOTF either, i was asking questions as to how they plan to actually get this done, but im looking forward to this event.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I guess it is a radar run...lol. If you add an "s" to a number I always think seconds like when people say their car runs 9s (which really means more like 11s).

That is crazy fast, I might have to go see that.

a7eeae038851851a2b0507cca1917b04.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info