Don't sink my battleship! *member's ride*

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I'm generating a new thread now that all the whlaaap whlaaap whlaaap content has its own section to post in. Panda and I were talking yesterday about trying to look back for stuff we posted in the boats and hoes thread, now several hundred pages and multiple years old, and its nearly impossible.

I half seriously told [MENTION=19]Yaj Yak[/MENTION] to hit me up when he was planning to get rid of his boat. Welllll timing was right and I've been itching to get on the water while keeping it cheap (lol).

The boat:

1994 Wellcraft Martinique 2700.
28'4" LOA
9'6" Beam
3' Draft
425 running hours
7.4L (454ci.)
Bravo 2 I/O
100 gal fuel tank
22gal fresh water
15gal grey water
15gal black water
Windlass
12/120v fridge
single burner electric stove
microwave
coffee maker
water heater (engine and electric)
transom shower
transom washdown pump
full camper canvas
VHF Radio

The boat is mostly solid, previous owners didnt exactly do a bang up job of maintaining it. At least to my standards they didnt. Then again its 22 years old and anything thats not a floating pile of trash by that point is doing well.

Headliner is pretty trashed inside, evidence the windows and hatch are leaking. They replaced the carpet on the sole with some laminate floor that swelled and is buckling in spots but looks acceptable overall. Theres this goofy "generator" in the engine room that is running a 120v power setup hacked together throughout the boat with green extension cords. :picard: Overall the bones of the boat are solid though.

Work that is getting done before it gets put in the water:
It kills me to pay someone to do it but its too hard working out of a BMW trunk 50 miles from home. Bellows, starboard trim ram, gimbal bearing, shift cable, u joints and whatever else the mechanic finds when he gets it apart. I'm guessing i'll be out $1000-1500 all said and done.

Also paying duder at the marina to buff the side of the boat from the rub rail down for $250. The boat sides are pretty marred up and oxidized. Again, too far from home and too little time to tackle this before its realistically getting put in the water. I'll handle the rest of it myself when it gets splashed and i don't need 150' of extension cord.

New prop, new anodes.

What little pictures I have so far:
KJ on the water last year.
jFmlTkA.jpg

sj6SyX3.jpg

Panda and I cut the shrink wrap off the boat, washed all the canvas, waterproofed it and installed it last night. Its in great condition thankfully. Getting it re-made costs about as much as I paid for the boat. NOT enticed for that.

aTGR6Nd.jpg

a little bit of a side profile.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Man that prop is banged up.

Painting the blue to black and a new rub rail would make the exterior look like new. Very clean overall.

it's really in decent shape for a 94'. no major damage just the typical small dings and chalking. prop is being replaced, rub rail possibly. I could go over this whole boat and spend a ton of money making it nice.

for this season just the outdrive work, getting a fresh mattress inside, cleaning it and addressing any issues that come up are my priorities. I bought a new head unit and wetsounds htx6 amp for it as well. I'm going to hold off on speakers, I've got a feeling I'm going to end up dropping a few thousand on other stuff before its all said and done. I can deal with the crud on it now.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
[MENTION=111]OffshoreDrilling[/MENTION] you thinking of keeping it at rustic?

90% sure that's where I'm going to keep it. went and checked out inland and bald knob too. bald knob is totally unfriendly for spending the weekend on the boat. inland and rustic are about the same. rustic is about $400 more though. I'm going to flash $1500 cash at the guy and see if he bites.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
You don't need to sand the bottom paint off of you use the same type of paint, just use the cheap stuff pressure wash it and give it a quick da to rough it up
I'm totally unfamiliar with it. just the sides look like shit, underside is actually black and a couple blue squares where it was obviously blocked up in the past. suggestions on brands?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
90% sure that's where I'm going to keep it. went and checked out inland and bald knob too. bald knob is totally unfriendly for spending the weekend on the boat. inland and rustic are about the same. rustic is about $400 more though. I'm going to flash $1500 cash at the guy and see if he bites.

whats nice about rustic is that it's back and hidden and always calm back there.

inland probably is too but chya

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info