PWC & Ho's general PWC discussion thread

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
A fast ski on Lake G is even dumber that a fast boat. Unless you only cruise before 9am or on the weekdays you will rarely get it above 50 without getting wrecked by the chop.

#lakegbowhigh4lyfe

Lake Michigan and the ocean is rougher than LG. I usually don't ride on holiday weekends (too many idiots) or when it's really windy. The newer performance PWC's eat through chop with ease.

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
You dont say...?
Different beast tho. You dont get the unpredictable chop like you do on Geneva. On busy days the middle is just a cauldron of wakes colliding. Big water gets bigger waves but they are more rolling and sequential so you can see whats coming more. The close together chop is fucking annoying, Ill take rolling swells all day.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
see there, you would be wrong. [MENTION=16]PANDA[/MENTION] has some video of guys outside diversey harbor in 14' on waverunners in wetsuits and helmets. but hell no, average joe isn't out there. most of the ones you even see on the lake are people that bring them out for the weekend

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Yamaha wave raider. 94' he has the last year they made a fiberglass hull before switching to SMC. It's extremely light, 380lbs I want to say. I had the same ski, a year newer with the SMC hull and a full 100lbs heavier. it did 48 on the dreamometer driving through human feces in the little calumet River

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
see there, you would be wrong. [MENTION=16]PANDA[/MENTION] has some video of guys outside diversey harbor in 14' on waverunners in wetsuits and helmets. but hell no, average joe isn't out there. most of the ones you even see on the lake are people that bring them out for the weekend

haha fuck all that. I dont really care for wave runners in average conditions, beats the fuck out of you. Ill take a boat, thank you.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Yamaha wave raider. 94' he has the last year they made a fiberglass hull before switching to SMC. It's extremely light, 380lbs I want to say. I had the same ski, a year newer with the SMC hull and a full 100lbs heavier. it did 48 on the dreamometer driving through human feces in the little calumet River

My 94 Waveraider (Does ~55mph on GPS)

2gt3z9v.jpg

1z7rzl.jpg

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Is there a reason you guys would rather take out a wave runner than a small boat? Just wondering I've ridden wave runners a hand full of times and aside from jumping wakes they do nothing for me

speed. none of these guys have fast boats. And it's super convenient to tie up/cover uncover or take out for 10 minutes. This is of course if it's always kept wet. if you're going to keep it on a trailer, meh.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info