Sea-Doo Spark

SHARKBITEATTACK

Enthusiast
Jun 15, 2008
Bartlett
I may be buying one of these this season. Anyone ridden or know someone with one of these PWC's? I don't know anyone personally but from all the reviews and forums it seems that they are a huge hit.

60HP models start at just over $5k

1442323814183.png

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
60HP.... Might as well just buy a raft with a trolling motor.

Get yourself a used Seadoo XP, or a Yamaha GP1200 or GP1300

it's enough for a beginner model like these... they still do over 40mph iirc, are efficient... they don't weigh shit, and they are probably more reliable than either of the two stroke models you mentioned... also they are lighter... i think the entry level spark weighs ~400lbs...

Sea-Doo Spark (2016-) 2016 Reviews,performance,compare,price,warranty, specs,Reports,Specifications Layout, video | BoatTEST.com

id splurge the few hundred bucks for the 90hp one and not look back... i haven't personally ridden one but i agree with you that they seem to be a hit with people that have them.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
holy fuck they are crazy efficient.

On the 90 hp version (weighing in at 420), that top speed jumped to an even 50 mph. Sea-Doo also proclaims the ACE to be arguably the most fuel-efficient engine in the PWC market. Based on what the company presents as an average duty cycle, the 60 hp ACE burns only 1.94 gallons per hour, and the 90 hp only 2.4 gph

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
it's enough for a beginner model like these... they still do over 40mph iirc, are efficient... they don't weigh shit, and they are probably more reliable than either of the two stroke models you mentioned... also they are lighter... i think the entry level spark weighs ~400lbs...

Sea-Doo Spark (2016-) 2016 Reviews,performance,compare,price,warranty, specs,Reports,Specifications Layout, video | BoatTEST.com

id splurge the few hundred bucks for the 90hp one and not look back... i haven't personally ridden one but i agree with you that they seem to be a hit with people that have them.

It's not even enough for a beginner, trust me. I've been around jetskis and been riding for 20 years. If you have small children who you want to get started into the sport, it would be fine. But for an adult, it's a POS.

And yes, the resale on this would suck immensely, as the demand for 60HP jetskis just aren't there. Especially a used one.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
It's not even enough for a beginner, trust me. I've been around jetskis and been riding for 20 years. If you have small children who you want to get started into the sport, it would be fine. But for an adult, it's a POS.

And yes, the resale on this would suck immensely, as the demand for 60HP jetskis just aren't there. Especially a used one.

ive been around a similar time bromontana...

the resale actually seems to be quite decent from what i've seen them listed for used.

90hp 3 seater waverunner that uses less than 3 gallons per hour for under 7k brand new, has a warranty, and goes 50mph... you can't touch it with anything else...

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
That thing will NOT go 50mph with an average adult rider on wavy water.

Put a child on it, with completely calm water, MAYBE it would come close. The 60HP version would be considerably worse.

It's your choice though, for $7k, I'd buy a used Seadoo RXP with the supercharged engine. Get yourself about 3X the power and you will actually have some fun.

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
and watch it grenade in 3-4 years. :rofl:

Take care of it, and it will be fine.

why are you so certain it wouldn't do 50 mph though? like most boat test websites say the 90hp version goes 50... what's so hard to believe about that :dunno:

The power to weight is WAY off for that type of speed. I had a 110HP XP a while back that had a race impeller, ride plate, intake grate, etc., and weighed about 30 pounds less. I'm only about 150 pounds too, and I BARELY made it into the 50s on that.

Like I said, if you had a very light rider, and the water was dead calm, MAYBE it would come close to 50.

SHARKBITEATTACK

Enthusiast
Jun 15, 2008
Bartlett
I been riding Jetskis for 10 years now. I've owned 3 so far. 94' Yami VXR PRO, 94' Polaris SL750 and now a 94' SLT750. All 3 are slow compared to the supercharged stuff that's out there nowadays but IMO its not all about speed. The Spark is kind of a throwback to the 90's when everything was smaller and lighter 2 strokes. As Yaj Yak mentioned this only weighs a little over 400 lbs compared to most other stuff that is ~800

Resale also seems REALLY good. Thats actually my reasoning for wanting a new one. Why buy a used one w/ 20 hrs on it for 4k when I can buy brand new for just over 5k?

Last but not least. The 60HP and 90HP models use the EXACT same motor only that the 60HP has been de-tuned. For a couple hundred you can get an aftermarket tune that gives you 110HP on pump gas and 120HP on E85.
image.php

VTECHTUNED.COM Sea Doo tuning Jetski Tuning Yamaha Kawasaki PWC Maptuner BRP Spark RXP RXT - SEA DOO SPARK TUNING

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I been riding Jetskis for 10 years now. I've owned 3 so far. 94' Yami VXR PRO, 94' Polaris SL750 and now a 94' SLT750. All 3 are slow compared to the supercharged stuff that's out there nowadays but IMO its not all about speed. The Spark is kind of a throwback to the 90's when everything was smaller and lighter 2 strokes. As Yaj Yak mentioned this only weighs a little over 400 lbs compared to most other stuff that is ~800

Resale also seems REALLY good. Thats actually my reasoning for wanting a new one. Why buy a used one w/ 20 hrs on it for 4k when I can buy brand new for just over 5k?

Last but not least. The 60HP and 90HP models use the EXACT same motor only that the 60HP has been de-tuned. For a couple hundred you can get an aftermarket tune that gives you 110HP on pump gas and 120HP on E85.
image.php

VTECHTUNED.COM Sea Doo tuning Jetski Tuning Yamaha Kawasaki PWC Maptuner BRP Spark RXP RXT - SEA DOO SPARK TUNING

Now I'm enticed

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Their site said the 200hp turbo kits for them get them to 67mph. Is that respectable? Seems like not a lot if 90 would do 50

boats are alot harder to make fast and a jet drive is very inefficient compared to other drive systems, the new 300 hp wave runners probably run right about the same upper 60's to low 70's in perfect conditions but weigh alot more, on a normal boat with a single engine if you want to add 10mph you need to add a couple hundred hp

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info