What is this ATV worth?

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Neighbor has this 2005 Honda Forman ES. 4x4 with PS. I believe it is a 500cc, and carbureted. #whiteisright

It just sits at his farm in central WI. He says he never uses it and it has "low hours" He said he doesent know what it is worth but "make me an offer". I do not NEED a ATV but if I came accross one for a price I couldnt refuse Id probably pull the trigger. NADA puts this at $2300-$3100 but I am more or less looking for real world numbers. So I ask TCG... What do you think its worth?

hZHQ0VO.jpg

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
[MENTION=16]PANDA[/MENTION] number is for sure 1200 bucks.

pending how my tax return goes I would probably pull the trigger if he was at or below the NADA low value. This is something I don't really need but if I could get into it on the low side and still be able to sell it fast for the same money if I don't end up using it would be great.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
[MENTION=1983]Outlaw[/MENTION] swangin

I'd say offer him 1800 and see where it goes. The sticker shows that it hasn't been used much, if at all, since 2012. Maybe he'll be enticed with cash in hand and won't care if he has it or not.

White is fuckin right.

Walked into his snowmobile garage at the farm and was like :james:

It is super clean. He just uses it around the farm. Doesen't even plow with it or anything. He told me 4K with a :s00ls: then said will figure out what its worth. Part of me thinks he will be on the high side because it is nearly new. But it is 11 years old already.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
It's also a "500", really a 475CC. Much like Honda always does, it's been the same motor for almost two decades just with little tweaks and updates here and there. Honestly, even at 3100 it's still a great quad. The fact it has power steering is huge, too. That's usually a $1000-ish option from any manufacturer.

Sooo that would account for the HUGE diffrence between low and high retail on this?

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
it's probably an option on nada

wasnt

How do you plow your driveway Panda? Something like this with a plow would be great

with a snowmblower. My driveway isnt that big. plowing with ATV would be fun but overkill. Also probably not worth it if I had to buy a plow and shit.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
He asked for a number, $4,000 is steep, but considering a 1993 300 Fourtrax 4x4 can still pull $2,000 I'd say my number is spot on. obviously get it as cheap as possible, if it was me I'd get it for $1,000 much like the Magnum I got for free that panda was asking about yesterday :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info