F1100 Turbo vs Apex

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Thanks to [MENTION=16]PANDA[/MENTION]'s Apex getting the jump on my F1100T in the one short race we did get off, I might have just dropped a few bucks into the Arctic Cat to get her up to kill mode for our next trip and the official race between the two sleds! :rofl: :s00ls: :h5:

[MENTION=340]Eagle[/MENTION]

iz2Lfq9.jpg

After the race when I asked you admitted we both left at the same time. But now I "got the jump" ? I didn't get the jump I pulled you the entire race. :rofl:

Not sure why you call this a "short race". Its not like we were going down the trail, turned a corner, you pulled up next to me and we both hammered it for a few seconds. We stopped next to each other down a snow covered road. Called out 1....2....3 and we both took off. Mind you that I was doing 110+ when I let off. This stretch of road was 1/4+ long. Short race? Not exactly.

I told you that you would be surprised and honestly I am surprised also. I didn't expect to raise my arm and look in my mirror mid race and see you MANY lengths back. Before you cry that my sled has a 136 track vs. your 129 let me remind you that the F1100 Turbo has almost 30HP over the Apex and is lighter. That means ALOT in the snowmobile world.

Just admit you lost and pay up on your bet you made.

yamahaisthebestyamahaisthefastest

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I've had company since new years eve and just saw this thread. I LOL'd a bit, I gotta say.

First, the stipulation of the race was that we needed a mile. This was like 1000ft, that's about it, hence short. On this stipulation alone is why I say it wasn't "the" race we agreed to, hence not "THE" race decision I'd pay out on.

Your sled IS in fact a 136 studded to high hell. The reason you won was traction, period. When I said "you got the jump" - wasn't stating that you stole the hit - those are two different things, so don't get upset. You got the jump because your sled hooked up and left, and kept that same distance on me until we started getting to 90+ and I did start inching back on you.

What bet did I make again? I honestly don't recall... We all did a lot of preseason shit talking, that's for sure! I also said I'd make a trip with my sled in stock form so I could experience it before I made any performance related changes. Next trip, it'll have a couple changes and prob a few more studs as well.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I've had company since new years eve and just saw this thread. I LOL'd a bit, I gotta say.

First, the stipulation of the race was that we needed a mile. This was like 1000ft, that's about it, hence short. On this stipulation alone is why I say it wasn't "the" race we agreed to, hence not "THE" race decision I'd pay out on.

Your sled IS in fact a 136 studded to high hell. The reason you won was traction, period. When I said "you got the jump" - wasn't stating that you stole the hit - those are two different things, so don't get upset. You got the jump because your sled hooked up and left, and kept that same distance on me until we started getting to 90+ and I did start inching back on you.

What bet did I make again? I honestly don't recall... We all did a lot of preseason shit talking, that's for sure! I also said I'd make a trip with my sled in stock form so I could experience it before I made any performance related changes. Next trip, it'll have a couple changes and prob a few more studs as well.

A mile long race on a snowmobile? :rofl: I will forgive you since you are very new to the sport. Most snowmobile drag races are short distances. 500, 660, maybe 1000. A snowmobile is not going to gain much MPH beteeen a 1/4 mile and a mile. I think the only stipulation was I wanted to race on a lake . Obviously that wasn't available this trip.

I have studs yes. But remember thats alot of rotating mass on the track and will also slow the sled down. You have a turbo AND studs. I can't speak that confident but I am sure you didn't get out of the whole THAT bad. I wish we had a video. Not like I have anything special either. No ice studs, no fancy track. Same trail setup everyone has on the 4-Stroke Yamahas. Remind me next time to actually try and launch that sled. Suspension full hard, feet in the foot wells. No weight transfer just grip it and rip it. #BRAAAP

You wanted to bet whatever money we could agree to but honestly the way you talked about this sled I figured I would loose so we shoot on a friendly cheese curd bet. You were so confident nothing would touch you that you installed that rear facing GoPro. :rofl:

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Eagles sled is also 60 pounds lighter and has about 20-30 more horsepower

It doesn't make that much more. His is rated at 165, mine is at 177. I weigh an easy 100# more than [MENTION=16]PANDA[/MENTION]. His sled is likely quite a bit heavier than mine tho. He has a 136 or 137" track, with 4 studs per row, vs my 129" with two per row.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
150 hp is stock for the genesis 4. Unless panda has mods I don't know about then its roughly a 27 horsepower difference.

Yamaha doesn't really advertise HP. Even if you go on the site it won't say. Magazines just call it a 150HP class sled. They don't need HP to sell sleds. The reliability does that.

Meanwhile Arctic Cat must tell everyone the Turbo sled makes 177.3769546 HP and it is the highest hp snowmobile available! :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info