Talk sled helmets

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Lets talk helmets a minute.

I can't stand a visor that is getting fogged and making it tough to see out of.

Does running an open helmet and a set of googles improve this?

My real question is though, how do you seal the face opening to the goggles to keep the wind and other elements out?

Talk to me TCG.
[MENTION=19]Yaj Yak[/MENTION]

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
i like goggles because i bring different lenses with me to swap out depending on conditions, i typically have clear, yellow, amber, and mirrored/tinted on me.

a yellow lens at night, or on a super overcast day is a complete game changer.

amber can do pretty much anything, just nothing great.

clear is good for really clear nights or moderately cloudy days... and mirrored/tinted is awesome for super sunny bluebird days..

i also like it because the visor on the top let's me duck shit if need be, or tilt my head just a bit to keep my eyes out of the sun almost always... and if you get into deep snow/something where the guy in front of you is kicking up stuff, you can tilt your head to miss whatever is flying off the track in front of you.

my helmet had a snow guard-esque thing that blocked my nose which was removable, and then i also had a really good head-sock thing, the most important thing with this part is for it to be EXTREMELY breathable...

boom XXXL KLIM for $160 with spare visor, breathing blocker thingamado, and it is an actual snowmobile helmet brand...

https://www.denniskirk.com/klim/black-f4-helmet.p3304560.prd/3304560XXXL.sku

then this for extra awesome protection.

oe3429652.jpg

https://www.denniskirk.com/klim/black-glacier-balaclava-3089-000-000-000.p3429652.prd/3429652.sku

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!! BRAPPP!!!

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
:rofl: at fashion statement

QUIT IT PANDA.

My opinion.

I feel most people who ride these days just have to be "decked out" with the newest and most flashy gear possible. I will be searching for a new jacket this year. Hopefully I can find a semi "plain" looking one.

Maybe a new helmet. But not sure I want to jump on the google ship just yet. I don't have fogging issues.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
My opinion.

I feel most people who ride these days just have to be "decked out" with the newest and most flashy gear possible. I will be searching for a new jacket this year. Hopefully I can find a semi "plain" looking one.

Maybe a new helmet. But not sure I want to jump on the google ship just yet. I don't have fogging issues.

panda, don't you rock a yamahahahaha branded jacket?!

my helmet is matte black :rofl:

#flashy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info