• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

My car has a new Whine to it, and not the good kind

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
For those that don't already know, I have a 2013 Mustang GT with a manual trans.

Car has a weep at the rear diff, and I've noticed a whine before putting it away for winter.

With spring, the whine is increasing in volume (and the pitch is related to road speed) and I'm HOPING its the rear diff, but the sound sure feels like its coming from the transmission (which is a little crunchy going into 2nd and 3rd when its 40 degree's or below).

Car has Blowfish shifter bracket on it (But STOCK shifter), is it worth the trouble to put the OEM stuff back on the car to bring it into the dealer? Or do you think I'll get flack for it. The other mods are under warranty (FRPP Tune and Axle-Backs).

I've had good experiences with minor mods at Rod Baker, but don't want to push my luck, and just wanted others thoughts.

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
If it's got a warranty, why are you even asking? :dunno:

This sounds oddly similar to my Cobalt's whine (not from the sc) and they replaced my trans (twice, because they fucked up the first one) because of it. I do not recall what they said the problem was, sorry.

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
it's hungry for pedestrians

2016.4.12-Mustang-Memes-Wrecks-2.jpg

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
The rear diff weep unless you can see it coming from the cover is most likely the vent on the driver side, there is a mod to stop that I just noticed mine is wet around that vent as well

I'm pretty sure its from the front input seal, I noticed it when we had it up for the shifter bracket install. I can't imagine a leak that 'high' up on the Diff would cause the noise I'm experiencing also, which makes me think the Trans is about to check out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info