• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Throwing a code P2251.

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri
Wondering if someone can help pinpoint exactly which O2 sensor may be bad with this code P2251. The first time I saw this code was after we put in the Driveshaft which the off-road Hpipe had to come off and be readjusted. That was around a month ago. I got under the car and messed with a couple of the O2 connections and cleared the code. It didn't come back until last night while making a trip to Mexico. I am leaning towards the first O2 sensor on the passenger side as that one is twisted and is a tight fit. Would like to see if anybody would know as I would rather not be guessing. Is there a way to check/monitor which one is bad? Should I not drive it? Thanks for any help.

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
p2251 is a code for bank 1 sensor 1 O2 sensor, which is the passenger front o2. you say the wiring is twisted? i would unplug and straighten the wires out, then make sure the wires didnt pull out of the connector.
do you have a scan tool/tuner that can monitor o2 voltage readings?

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri
p2251 is a code for bank 1 sensor 1 O2 sensor, which is the passenger front o2. you say the wiring is twisted? i would unplug and straighten the wires out, then make sure the wires didnt pull out of the connector.
do you have a scan tool/tuner that can monitor o2 voltage readings?

I tried logging through the SCT but couldn't find a PiD to monitor the voltage only temps of the O2's. I did try to untwist the wires but couldn't get to the electric connector side to check wires as it is above the trans and inaccessible with the trans in place. I am going to do a clutch and drop the trans, I can change out the sensors than. I was hoping to only do the one that you stated instead of both front O2's as they are $200 a piece. I may just do the one while the trans is out and pray that was the one. I do appreciate the reply. Probably shouldn't drive it even the AFR looks good, however it may only take a she on for something to get screwed up. It did run good last night.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Tight Lines
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list