cracked JLT ram air induction

I drove out to my buddies house in Aurora today to hang out. He wanted me to take him for a ride so he can feel the 4.10's. Well I got on it in 1st, spun all of 2nd, went to shift into 3rd and missed. All of a sudden the car shook violently and started to slow down. I put it in neutral and in gear and it would not rev at all. The battery light and check engine light turned on. The car died so I pulled to the side of the road. I popped the hood and the JLT had a perfect cut right where the elbow connects the straight piece. I went online and looked at other JLT's and you can see that their is a seam there where the pipe is glued together. That's exactly where mine separted. I duct taped it really well and headed home. Just arrived with no problems. What should I do? Call JLT and see if they will send me just a pipe? Or get a different induction like a K&N? I could also try glueing it back together, but I don't know if I would trust it then. Thispipe has been on my car for 2 years. Thanks for the help!

I had the same problem last year. Their Customer Support is awesome. Sent them a pic and they shot out a new one.

Mine happened on way to track. Duct taped it and ran an 12.04 @ 117. Bumped the rev limiter on 1-2 =(. 1002 uses for Duct tape.

Awesome! The duct tape looks like it is doing a damn good job, but i'm still gonna baby it until I get the new one on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info