Stranded!!! Need Advice/Help (2003 Ford Lightning)

Nimble

May 27, 2008
Hey everyone...

I've had my Lighting for about 3 years now. It's an 03' Sonic Blue w/ no performance mods. Just a K&N and Lowered. The vehicle has always ran fine until recently.

About 3 months ago I took it out after storing it and it would run fine for general driving. Then when you'd floor it the truck would miss in the high RPMs. I thought bad gas so I put in new fuel and a bottle of ISO HEET and it went away. Well then it came back about a month ago for a couple days. Then it went away again and hasn't come back since.

FFWD to today. I went to start the truck and it started fine but then immediately died. I try giving it gas but it's like I'm not even touching the accelerator. If I floor it when starting the truck will start up and rev high but the immediatly the RPMs will fall and it will die again. I put fuel in it 3 days ago so I don't think it's bad fuel. The vehicle has been running just fine until today now.

Cliffs: Lighting will start fine but immediately die. If I start w/ gas it will rev but then RPMs fall again and it stalls.

Vehicle Information:
2003 Sonic Blue Ford Lighting
49,000 Miles
K&N Air Filter
Lowered

(No Performance Mods)

The problem is I'm up at my cabin in Northern WI and have no real garage to consult? I'm stranded!!!

Anyone ever have this happen before?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info