Driveshaft is PHUCKED!!!

Aug 26, 2007
On the way home from buying my car I noticed the driveshaft was rubbing somewhere. It only did it when I had a passenger in the car and its only gotten worse. Now it does it pretty much all the time. So today I decided it was about time to jack my car up and see where its rubbing at....sorry for the shitty pics they're taken from my razor
100507_16481.jpg

100507_16571.jpg

This is where its rubbing...WTF!!! What can I do to fix this? Where that little triangle thing is, there was aluminum all smashed up in it.
100507_16531.jpg

Aug 26, 2007
A lot of people have this problem. It is mostly due to the fact that the car is really low.

I'm also guessing you have the stock rear end?

In a 03 cobra, the driveshaft doesn't really move up and down that much. due to the IRS

Yes stock rear end..my car is not that low. I have eibach sportlines with all iso's. What I don't understand is my brother has the same suspension except with no iso's and he has never had this problem.

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
his pinion angle is probably set different. There's a huge variance in how the cars are built. the uaw and ford got together to make sure no two cars get built to the same tolerance.

Yes stock rear end..my car is not that low. I have eibach sportlines with all iso's. What I don't understand is my brother has the same suspension except with no iso's and he has never had this problem.

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
they're not. most people replace them with aftermarket adjustable pieces.

as far as moving the adjustment quadrant for the e-brake, you move it in relation to the stud you use to adjust it, but thats kind of dependant upon how much rear brake pad you have left. good gods thats an awkward sentence. does it make any sense?

Yeah its a 97 cobra, with an 03 swap, anyways though solid axle, t45, i'm almost positive the control arms are stock.. I didn't know they where adjustable.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info