Wheel Lock Removal... Help!

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
Well my 3 day brake job on the trooper has now taken a turn for the worse, finished the brakes, took her for a spin, only to hear some grinding that shouldn't be there :-o

So I turn her around to go see wtf I may have missed, when I realize I must have left the wheel lock key on when I left. I took my bigwheel out and roamed the area, but it's like finding a need in the hay stack.

Anyway, how or what have you used to remove these in the past? I have 5 with the spare to take off now. :dunno:

Thanks in advance.

99 Stangbanger

Phantom Fury
Nov 22, 2004
Sears sells rimlock removers i think. Igot my set from Snap ON but if you have some old sockets laying around try and find a 6 or 12 point that just about fits over it and bang it on with a hammer and you will be able to get the lock off that way. Then take the socket over to a vise or table and use a punch to bang the lock out of the socket and repeat to get the rest off. Wont cause damage to anything but the socket and the lock UNLESS YOU MISS and hit your rim or hand :crying: .

Done a few this way in the past.

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
UPDATE: Thanks to everyone's input PROBLEM SOLVED!

I picked up a set from Sears and then a 1/2" 12pt 19mm socket(fit over my 3/4" lugs). On the second try with a hammer gripped and came right out. Now I have to get a vice to get it out and do the other three... lucky for me someone must have lost the other side as there wasn't a lock on there! ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info