Pre-treatment before going to the track to make quarter panel clean up a non-issue.

smith876

Displaced Chicagoan
Mar 29, 2004
KC, MO
Blood on Blood said:
I was informed to use on "Pam" cooking spray, but always forget on the day of and suffer the consequences...

I tried the cooking spray trick, and don't recomend it. It was nice that the rubber didn't really stick to the body, but what also happened was that the pam and rubber created some disgusting black goo that was harder to clean-up and streaked all over the place. In the end it was more work than it was worth.

I like the painters tape idea, will use that one next time!

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
Not sure, but am going to try for MSC, I heard Pam too... but wouldn't bug and tar do the same? I just hope it wouldn't eat the paint or anything like that...

Larry from Speed Inc uses some blue sheets... if you're listening what's the CSVT discount?? ;)

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
smith876 said:
I tried the cooking spray trick, and don't recomend it. It was nice that the rubber didn't really stick to the body, but what also happened was that the pam and rubber created some disgusting black goo that was harder to clean-up and streaked all over the place. In the end it was more work than it was worth.

I like the painters tape idea, will use that one next time!

If you watch any auto-cross events or some guys in the less famous road rallies, they will use blue painters tape over the whole front of the car, mirrors, etc, and just peel it off when finished.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info