radio works for about 15 seconds and quits

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Feb 16, 2005
i would play my CD's in superfastforward mode :)

seriously, sounds like the amps are going into protection... you could have a blown speaker that is showing a dead short the the amps or have a pinched wire... the prior is probably most likely the culprit... You can get a multimeter and measure impedance across all the speakers from the amp... may take a bit but look for a short.

good luck

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
You can always go the Ghetto route. Remove all of the speakers and amps (save about 50 lbs or so). Leave the head unit in for looks.

Then buy yourself a nice boom box. One of those big silver bitches that we all used to carry on our shoulders back in the late 1980s. Though, those damn things weigh 20 lbs but you are still 30 lbs less and with a louder system.

Then get yourself Journey "Frontiers", Def Leppard "Hysteria", Prince "Purple Rain", U2 "Joshua Tree", Poison "Look What the Cat Dragged In" and Motley Crue "Shout At The Devil"...

Go to the store and get yourself some stone washed jeans, black Reebok high tops and pull out an old concert t-shirt...

Anyone with a couple old swatches lying around....

Now that is when MTV used to Rock out!!!!

Dave

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Looks like at least 50 lbs. to me.

I'm replacing my P.O.S. Mach 460 system one piece at a time.

mach_460.jpg

REN#4106

TCG Elite Member
Nov 8, 2005
i would play my CD's in superfastforward mode :)

seriously, sounds like the amps are going into protection... you could have a blown speaker that is showing a dead short the the amps or have a pinched wire... the prior is probably most likely the culprit... You can get a multimeter and measure impedance across all the speakers from the amp... may take a bit but look for a short.

good luck

Sounds like this guy might of worked on a few stereo systems in his prime.. :p

AAAh the good ole days on Ogden Ave. in Downers Grove..

hazmat404

Addict
Apr 26, 2005
check for a bad ground somewhere too. i had a sub/amp in the back of mine that i never used (fuse dc'd from the battery) and it was causing my rear speakers to cut in and out often. popped out the amp and the ground that it had (looked pretty good actually) and my speakers are back to 100% :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info