rear speakers cutting in and out

hazmat404

Addict
Apr 26, 2005
well i had this problem before and i thought it was the amp so i got a new one. well it worked for awhile and now its back. it will work for a few second to minutes then cut out and back and forth. i unplugged the amp so i dont mess it up nor the speakers but does it sound like a short maybe? i noticed a pretty loud noise coming out of the speakers, well i think the speakers, when i put up and down the vert top. its pretty loud and im almost sure its through the speakers so would an electrical current cause that noise? i had so many problems with my old 95 gt that i dont want this one to start falling apart on me to. is there a way to check for a short besides checking every inch of wire to see if there is a break in the line?

hazmat404

Addict
Apr 26, 2005
well when i put the new amp in i cleaned all the ground. i find it kinda weird that noise comes out of the speakers when i do heavy work on the electrical system (vert top or all the windows down/up at once). i have time on sunday/monday to pull apart all the panels and check the wiring and grounds so hopefully ill find it.

btw, does anyone know how we pull out our radio (6 disc changer too). do we need keys to get them out or is there a trick where i wont cause any damage?

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
Check the grounds on the rest of the body. There are some in the front near the motor. You may want to add some additional grounds.
The radio slides out after the facia and a couple of screws are removed. No special tools required.

Dan

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• hazmat404
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list