The Cobra has Beaten me

Mr. Unknown

Oct 26, 2005
Tried fixing what I broke and ended up breaking another thing.

Went to Mercedes Benz and they didn't have anything that would match up with the boost actuator or whatever the fuck the thing is called.

It seems like I just keep running into problems with the fucking car. I can't take it anymore so I've finally broken. The car hasn't been running since December I have spent waaaaayyy to much money to keep a car that I don't drive. I've dragged ass on the KB install.

I called up Hans @ Dean's Performance. Very kool guy. He new exactly what I was talking about when I was trying to explain to him what I broke.

One of two things will happen. Either I call up Hans on Monday and set up a date and time to drop the car off and have him finish it up. I refuse to work on the car. I don't even want to look at it. I'm beyond the point of throwing wrenches and I don't want to break anything else.

OR

I sell the car.

I'm 19 I have 2 cars that I pay for. I work full time. I don't live by the skin of my teeth. The Cobra payment doesn't hurt me but it would be nice to sell it and free up that extra money.

Now.....

If I take the car to Hans to get it finished I run the chance of breaking the rear end or blowing the motor with the power. I really don't want to put the $$$ to get a built motor.

BUT

If I sell the car I'll always want something else. I might go mod crazy on the GTO. Or I might get stupid and try and get a C6 Z06.

Ahhh I'm going crazy here. :damnit: :damnit: :rantoff:

Bullitt-1469-

Regular
Jun 11, 2005
Did you put the blower on with your hands? Let me recommend when doing anything with blowers do two things, make or buy a stand to hold the complete blower/intake assembly, and use a engine hoist when putting the blower on. The good thing is that one person can do it and you can lower the blower SLOWLY check that nothing gets hung up and breaks. Ive done that alot and its the easiest, fast, safe way!

Maniak

TCG Elite Member
Apr 17, 2006
Highland Park, IL
first.....take a big deep breath........ok...good!!!

shit like this happens, its part of wrenching and installing mods on your own. ive broken plenty of car parts and gotten myself into quit the headaches.

i think you should take a break. wait till your mind clears then go back and try again. take your time, dont force anything into place.

get some more help. why are you worried about blowing your motor? did u get a safe tune to get to the shop? you didnt think about the rear end before u got the KB? stay off the track if you dont want to break anything. its all part of the game.

just please dont sell the cobra over somthing like this. if i were you, and wanting the extra cash to have, sell the GTO and buy a cheap daily driver.

Mr. Unknown

Oct 26, 2005
Bullitt-1469- said:
Did you put the blower on with your hands? Let me recommend when doing anything with blowers do two things, make or buy a stand to hold the complete blower/intake assembly, and use a engine hoist when putting the blower on. The good thing is that one person can do it and you can lower the blower SLOWLY check that nothing gets hung up and breaks. Ive done that alot and its the easiest, fast, safe way!

Yes I used my hands :confused:

I have a stand for the blower to sit in when it's off the car. I have a plastic storage thing with the top cut out of it so the intercooler can slide in.

maniak said:
first.....take a big deep breath........ok...good!!!

shit like this happens, its part of wrenching and installing mods on your own. ive broken plenty of car parts and gotten myself into quit the headaches.

i think you should take a break. wait till your mind clears then go back and try again. take your time, dont force anything into place.

get some more help. why are you worried about blowing your motor? did u get a safe tune to get to the shop? you didnt think about the rear end before u got the KB? stay off the track if you dont want to break anything. its all part of the game.

just please dont sell the cobra over somthing like this. if i were you, and wanting the extra cash to have, sell the GTO and buy a cheap daily driver.

The thing is. I've takes about 3-4 major long breaks on this car.

You people will just not know. Sorry but what the Cobra is to you guys the GTO is to me. I have more miles on it and have had it a little less time than the Cobra.

Maniak

TCG Elite Member
Apr 17, 2006
Highland Park, IL
WhtSuperStang said:
it really doesnt seem like u want to keep the cobra....if its causing you that much grief and ur worried ur gunna break something....maybe it is time to part with it :dunno:

its not the cars fault, i wouldnt sell it because somthing goes wrong when modifiying.

but, if u really dont like it anymore then sell it. i dont see how you cant like a cobra but to each his own. :dunno:

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Drop off the Cobra to Hans at Dean's or Cory at Clayton Racing.

Either can take care of the issues.

Also, your car is a Ford. Everyone knows the easiest task on a Ford or GM turns into the biggest pain in the ass that always lresults in cursing, bloody knuckles and projects going over budget.

Dave

Big Cam Z28

banned from CorvetteForum
Jul 23, 2006
take it from a close friend:

as much as i would like to see 2 GMs in your garage, you will regret selling the cobra. I sold my camaro AND my monte carlo because i was frustrated with both. Blew the trans in the monte, sold it for less than 2 grand. Blew the trans in the 'maro, fixed it, then sold it.

I felt like a moron immediately after i sold both. I still hate myself for selling the monte carlo. i loved that car.

Your cobra will be hard to replace if you get rid of it now. its not as common as a 98 Z28. I remember the first day you had that thing man. Don't make your decision on selling it until you AT LEAST get it running again. I don't care if you put the eaton back on or you put the KB back on. Just DRIVE IT a couple times before you post it for sale and make sure that is what you want to do.

You will be infinately more depressed after selling the car than you are now because you broke a part. its easier to replace a part than a car

01SVT19

TCG Elite Member
Apr 23, 2006
Shit if you decide to sell it let me know what your going to do with the KB. Honestly Chris go with your Instincts if you like the GTO or Vette more. The Cobra is replaceable and you can always buy one down the road like a 2025 Cobra which I hope they still make them that year LOL :biggthump

Stangfreak91

TCG Elite Member
Dec 5, 2004
CobraChris08 said:
Tried fixing what I broke and ended up breaking another thing.

Went to Mercedes Benz and they didn't have anything that would match up with the boost actuator or whatever the fuck the thing is called.

It seems like I just keep running into problems with the fucking car. I can't take it anymore so I've finally broken. The car hasn't been running since December I have spent waaaaayyy to much money to keep a car that I don't drive. I've dragged ass on the KB install.

I called up Hans @ Dean's Performance. Very kool guy. He new exactly what I was talking about when I was trying to explain to him what I broke.

One of two things will happen. Either I call up Hans on Monday and set up a date and time to drop the car off and have him finish it up. I refuse to work on the car. I don't even want to look at it. I'm beyond the point of throwing wrenches and I don't want to break anything else.

OR

I sell the car.

I'm 19 I have 2 cars that I pay for. I work full time. I don't live by the skin of my teeth. The Cobra payment doesn't hurt me but it would be nice to sell it and free up that extra money.

Now.....

If I take the car to Hans to get it finished I run the chance of breaking the rear end or blowing the motor with the power. I really don't want to put the $$$ to get a built motor.

BUT

If I sell the car I'll always want something else. I might go mod crazy on the GTO. Or I might get stupid and try and get a C6 Z06.

Ahhh I'm going crazy here. :damnit: :damnit: :rantoff:

uhhh.... seems obvious that this job was way outside your scope of knowledge...so you bit off more than your could chew, No biggie! we've all done it at one time or another. Truthfully I can understand for the life of me why you continue to dump money into a car you've been trying to sell for the last year? :dunno: :dunno: Makes No sense!

So... you've got a car thats been down since December! You lack the Patience and knowledge to handel the job.

The way I see it you have but one choice!

So dry you tears! go change your pink panties and make the phone call too Deans Performance and let the pros get it done for you!

Not trying too bust you balls! But you need to get moving!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info