Bad clutch?

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Nov 15, 2005
99svtdvr said:
Sort of a newbie question, but I have never smelt a burnt clutch before.

I think mine may be going, did a burnout yesterday, tires spun and had smoke, it seemed hesitant to move when I shifted into second, and the smell was not all rubber. The pedal is not soft.

Any ideas? I am not really sure what sign to look for.

You live in Elgin right....well so do I, :biggthump bring it buy I'll take a look at it for you and tell you. -Chad-

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Nov 15, 2005
ChromeCobra said:
^^dont fall for that, he tried to lure me into his house with that same line. :lmao: :lmao:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Mark make sure your not late for your driving lesson after your tune. There is no sense in having all that power without a driver mod. :gears:

Back on topic.... I'm sure me and Mark would both be willing to help you solve the clutch problem. Just shoot me a PM if you want to swing by. Later :biggthump

ChromeCobra

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2005
qwik01cobra said:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Mark make sure your not late for your driving lesson after your tune. There is no sense in having all that power without a driver mod. :gears:
:lmao: :lmao:
qwik01cobra said:
:Back on topic.... I'm sure me and Mark would both be willing to help you solve the clutch problem. Just shoot me a PM if you want to swing by. Later :biggthump
+1

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Nov 15, 2005
maniak said:
when doing 35, shift into 5th and floor it. if u just go no where and it bogs, the clutch is fine. if rpms clime quick, clutch is toast.

Thats exactly what I was going to do if he brought the car over... Some people don't get the concept of that until you do it but your 100% correct. Thats the method I use and I check the slack in the cable. Cause sometimes cable can get hung up as it happened on my 94' and ended up frying the clutch. Or they can stretch out and make the clutch feel different along with the pedal feel. :biggthump

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info