Tires?

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Jimbo1221 said:
That is where the Pilot Sport 2s are also good, compared to a drag radial type tire, you would love the PS2s.
You'll love them until you have to pay for them. BFG G Force KD, KDW2, all good and cost effective. Stay away from bridgestone and firestone, i advise this in every tire thread for good reason. Eagle GSD3s aren't worth the money. BFG is the way to go, unless you decide to go with a nitto drag radial in the rear which would be useful even just for the street. The nittos aren't too bad in the rain either.

getsomebeyatch

Regular
May 28, 2006
I would say Mickey Thompsons dr's. They are the best tire for grip that I have seen so far in track or street use. Dont get caught in the elements w/ them though. I also heard MT finally making thier dr's in a 315/40/17 now too.
11-17-06019.jpg

11-17-06017.jpg

MT's DR'S FTW :headbang:

LazyT747

SFI
Sep 11, 2006
i say nittos for the track but since you want something for the rain too, i would go with bfg kdw II. handle decently in the rain and hook pretty damn well when its dry. Theres a post on svtperformance somewhere were someone w/ dr hit a median when it was raining. they just started to hydroplane when he wasnt even messing around. Now he never uses dr on the street. Oh well...

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
cobra0987 said:
Anybody have the BFG G-Force? If so, how are they? I'm looking at getting those. And how are the BFG "sports" (for the fronts - I think thats the name)?

Thanks for your opinions!
G force sports are good except they SUCK in the rain. It's what i have all around for my street tires because i don't drive it in the rain, and when I do it's a blast sliding around everywhere i go. So if ur like me, then get them. If not, might want to reconsider.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
If your stock rims are 8 inch with 245/45/17 tires and you install 10.5 inch rims with 315/40/17 tires, your new 4.10 gear characteristic will be changed to that of a 3.90. So, in all actuality, if you are looking for 4.10 gear performance with a 315/40/17 tire size, then you should go with a 4.30 gear. (calculator that you can play with and verify - http://www.allfordmustangs.com/Detailed/608.shtml)

Note: 245/45/17 is the same as 275/40/17 when it comes to rpms/gearing

Second, check out Kuhmo Esta or Falken 512 street tires. They are typically cheaper than the Goodyears and BF Goodrichs.

Dave

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
cobra0987 said:
Yeah, I actually just got my winter car fixed so I don't think I'll be driving it in the rain at all. Only chance it would be in rain, if its nice out and I'm out somewhere and then it starts raining. But other than that, hopefully no rain for it.

In that case, nitto DRs in the rear and G Force sports up front. Unless u dont care about shitty dry traction and will be racing on different rims/tires. Then go with the G Force sports all around.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info