HELP!! strut came loose!

Maniak

TCG Elite Member
Apr 17, 2006
Highland Park, IL
i installed my tokico d-specs yesterday. they feel great but i still need to make some adjustments. they are as stiff as they can go right now which is kinda bad.

i went for a little drive today and at the end of my little "run" i started hearing noise from the front right area. i popped the hood and the front right strut popped out of the caster plate. when i tried to tighten them the shaft just spins . when i installed them the shaft didnt spin. i stick the allen key in at the top (thats how you adjust them) to try and stop it from spining but it didnt help. then i tryed some vise grips, didnt help and i was worried about stipping the threads.

here are some pics:

ocalamustangrally001pj5.jpg

ocalamustangrally002gz5.jpg

Dewalt03cobra

Dewalt03Cobra
Dec 3, 2004
ViseGrip makes plyers that are made to lock onto nut and bolt flats. We use them at work all the time for locking very tightly onto Hydaulic cylinder shafts while we rebuild them, with out causing any damage. Just get one that's large enough to fit the shaft inside the curved upper jaw on the two long flats. Here's a link to see what they look like.

ViseGrip

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info