WIll the custom dyno tune correct my stock ECU?

mikev08826

Regular
Sep 3, 2006
K, I'm almost finished putting on my SC and will be taking in my car for the custom dyno tune in 1½ weeks. My question is...

1. The vortech kit I bought didn't come with the "vortech tune." Will the dyno tune from speed inc. correct the stock ECU, or should I look into getting the custom vortech tune.

2. I drained my gas tank knowing I would have to put a higher octane in it with the blower. What Octane is do you guys reccomend. I'll be looking at 350 rwhp (give or take.)

3. Oh yeah, and my buddy, who is also a mechanic reccomended I use "throttle body cleaner." You guys ever use this stuff??? I'm just hesitant to put anything into my engine but gas & oil. Had a bad experience with my first car. I blew 5 out of 6 fuel injectors in a 1988 oldsmobile cutlass after putting in fuel injector cleaner in.

Redman

Bad a$$ 2V
May 10, 2005
Put in 93 octane that's all you need. I'm assuming 42 lb injecotrs and the stock maf right? Don't even try start the car till you get a base tune for the injectors in it or else it's gonna run really really fat.

What is your tuning device? Chip, Xcal2, predator?

Because if you have a flash tuner you can have whomever is doing your tune send you a file to get the car moving till it gets to the dyno.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• mikev08826
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list