What is the BEST live axle suspension you can buy??

FUNDAD

Big Trouble in Little China
Apr 6, 2005
I know a lot of Cobra owners here still obviously have the IRS. I will prob post / research on mod fords as well. But I trust you all quite a bit and value your opinions.

So with that.... what is your opinion on the best damn suspension for a live axle that you can buy?

I know in order to "hook" the tire plays a HUGE part too and I will be working on that as well.

Right now I have Metco Aluminum Adjustable Uppers and Aluminum Lowers. They were big bucks even with a real nice discount. For springs I have a one coil chopped set of Bullit springs. I currently dont have a rear sway bar.

How about something like this stuff..http://www.wolferacecraft.com/detail.aspx?ID=323

Would coil overs in the rear help? Would that sway bar that mounts above the live axle and connects to the rear end help?

Thanks in advance!!

Matt

FUNDAD

Apr 6, 2005
Thanks for the post Greg!!

I forgot to mention that I have the Adjustable Strange rear Shocks too.

I just bought a whole entire front kit from PA Racing. This shit should really make a difference. The guy Jason over there really took his time answering my dipshit questions. Made me feel he appreciated my business and I eat that shit up. Heres what is on its way.

$1145
Tubular K-Member
Tubular A-Arms
Coil Over Kit
Strange Adjustable Struts
Cast/Camber Plates
Hardware

So I guess the front will be done. Maybe I will buy that shit from Wolfe Racecraft. A 1.2 60ft and that will be a pretty time slip.

03CobraBoy said:
Thanks for the post Greg!!

I forgot to mention that I have the Adjustable Strange rear Shocks too.

I just bought a whole entire front kit from PA Racing. This shit should really make a difference. The guy Jason over there really took his time answering my dipshit questions. Made me feel he appreciated my business and I eat that shit up. Heres what is on its way.

$1145
Tubular K-Member
Tubular A-Arms
Coil Over Kit
Strange Adjustable Struts
Cast/Camber Plates
Hardware

So I guess the front will be done. Maybe I will buy that shit from Wolfe Racecraft. A 1.2 60ft and that will be a pretty time slip.

Not sure you would have the power to go sub 1.3? 60ft but just make sure that this is gonna be track only car because with solid bushings in the rear and solid control arms makes a HARD & ROUGH ride for the street....

FUNDAD

Apr 6, 2005
Not sure you would have the power to go sub 1.3? 60ft but just make sure that this is gonna be track only car because with solid bushings in the rear and solid control arms makes a HARD & ROUGH ride for the street....

Your prob right about the 60ft. Not sure what I was thinking. I would love to have consistent 1.6 to 1.7 all day.

She seems to ride pretty rough already but definitely isnt a track only car.

Hopefully I can get this figured out.

We just got finished doing a DTS 8.8 (33 spline w/diffy) with a Steeda 5 LINK 2 with UPR adjustable lower control arms in a 03 Cobra...the 5 LINK 2 doesn't even use normal upper control arms
5link_2rear_spacers.jpg

......It also has a Whipple......The (Steeda ) 5 LINK 2 is Sick.......can't wait to see him go 10's all day (23lbs-24lbs of Boost)

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
03CobraBoy said:
Your prob right about the 60ft. Not sure what I was thinking. I would love to have consistent 1.6 to 1.7 all day.

She seems to ride pretty rough already but definitely isnt a track only car.

Hopefully I can get this figured out.
Matt, you should be able to get 1.6-1.7's all day with a MT DR on a stock suspension. :dunno: There's really no secret formula here, the key is a good tire. Bolt a Slick or ET Street on and you should be hitting 1.5's or 1.6's all day.

Look at Jason (firstsvt). Solid axle with adjustable shocks and 28 inch Hoosier Slicks and he's 1.4-1.5 every pass. I'm not sure what type of control arms he has.

Me and Carl are mid 1.5 - low 1.6 on every pass with 26/11.5/16 inch ET Streets and a very basic solid-axle suspension.

sonic02gt

Kona Blue shelby
Sep 18, 2005
gnxs said:
Matt, you should be able to get 1.6-1.7's all day with a MT DR on a stock suspension. :dunno: There's really no secret formula here, the key is a good tire. Bolt a Slick or ET Street on and you should be hitting 1.5's or 1.6's all day.

Look at Jason (firstsvt). Solid axle with adjustable shocks and 28 inch Hoosier Slicks and he's 1.4-1.5 every pass. I'm not sure what type of control arms he has.

Me and Carl are mid 1.5 - low 1.6 on every pass with 26/11.5/16 inch ET Streets and a very basic solid-axle suspension.
damm 10.73 is fast :headbang:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info