are you guys happy with your sutton tune?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeBite2k3

Pray For The Dead To Rise
Nov 1, 2005
well guys I’m going on my next go fast mod because I just can’t get enough... :burnout: I’m planning on getting a metco 4lb lower, alternator pulley,
SCT MAF and KB boot a pump just to play it safe. I been happy with Suttons tune and wanted to know about you guys. My mods are in sig :cool:

M

Mad Max

Same setup here - 2.93/4# , BAP, etc. Had a Amazon e-mail tune. Car ran like crap (literally). I originally wanted to have RWTD tune it on the "dyno day", but due to parts being backordered, I missed it.
Ended up taking it to Sutton.
Sutton did a good job. Car may have more in it with a different tune.......but I am happy with the work they did and the tune.
Car put down 505rwhp and 520 TQ.

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
03CobraRed said:
I had the same setup basically on my car, with a sutton tune, and lets just say I dont have the car anymore because the motor let go!

The engine builder said that the pistons burned up due to the tune being off. I have the pistons and three of them are pitted pretty good. This car did have proper fuel, supporting, and cooling mods.

60lb injectors
BAP
SCT 2400
SCT x-cal 2
LDC cooling mod
Heat exchanger
full exhaust
CAI

03CobraRed

Mind Over Matter
Mar 17, 2004
I chose not to rebuild for a few reasons, I had the car for sale before the motor blew because my parents needed to borrow some money from me, thats a whole other story, my dads partner stole a very large lump sum of money from us and I had no problem helping them out. I took a huge hit on the car by selling it with a blown motor but thats to be expected.

Suttons tune looked good on paper but obviously it was not at all.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
03CobraRed said:
Some luck out and some get bent over, like me and a few others.

I am part of the "bent over" club I guess, kinda of funny my car and your car has the same production dates (looked when jeff bought it), both running sutton's tunes, both have/had blown engines... :dunno: :dunno:

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
03CobraRed said:
Yeah the Air fuel was about perfect on paper, but everybody I have talked to has said the motor went because of the tune, which I think as well.
:confused:

Are you saying the motor died because the tune was too lean? There could be ALOT of other reasons the pistons showed the damage they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info