Coolant Light On Help!!

TaintedSnake01

Tainted Racing
Aug 14, 2005
Today I drove the cobra most of the day and everthing was cool. Stopped in a parking lot to avoid driving in the torrential downpour anymore, shut the car off for 15 min or so. Started the car back up and drove across the parking lot to the gas station. The coolant light came on when i started it up. So i get to the gas station, shut the car off and check the coolant overflow box. its completely full maybe a little too full. so i start the car again. lights still on. look in the coolant tank to see if theres any flow inside cant see anything.

Hoses have pressure, fan works, car stays at normal operating temps, but light stays on??? I drove a block to the mall to walk around and let the car cool off. Came back out 2 hours later and the car is cooled off. started it up and no coolant light driving home car reaches same normal temp and light does not come on again.

What might be going wrong?? Thermostat not working properly??

TaintedSnake01

Tainted Racing
Aug 14, 2005
i had someone with me from this site and they said that he thought my overflow tank was too full. would that cause the level sensor to go off?? and how all the sudden would it be too full?? only think i can think of is that the thermostat isnt open all the way and not enough antifreeze is in the motor making the overflow box look to full. but in the same time the engine doesnt go over normal temps?? im confused!!

99svtdvr

open for business
Apr 27, 2005
TaintedSnake01 said:
i had someone with me from this site and they said that he thought my overflow tank was too full. would that cause the level sensor to go off?? and how all the sudden would it be too full?? only think i can think of is that the thermostat isnt open all the way and not enough antifreeze is in the motor making the overflow box look to full. but in the same time the engine doesnt go over normal temps?? im confused!!

I have the same problem....It is very intermittent. I am going with the sensor as well. I'll replace when the car is done for the season.

O

oohsoobad2

The light has been on in my 99 GT for a year now. I checked my resivor and found out the float for the sensor doesnt float anymore. Unplugging the light helped for awhile but it is still on. You have to replace the whole resivor, the sensor is built in.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info