Question about a 2000 Pontiac Grand Am...

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 15, 2004
Schaumburg
My brother has a 2000 Pontiac Grand Am with the 2.4L Ram Air motor. The bearing in his A/C compressor seems to have worn out. When the A/C is off, there is a metal to metal grinding noise, when it's on, the noise competely goes away. I already have a remanufactured A/C compressor but I need two things.

1. Does anyone have an A/C Evacuation machine that I can use? I am EPA-certified to work on A/C systems. I don't want to simply take the nozzles out and release it all into the air.

2. Is there anyone that can offer me the use of a lift? I REALLY, REALLY don't want to take the entire motor out of the car for this, I'd much rather use an over head lift and just swap the A/C compressor.

3. If anyone would like to help or just curious on how to do it, then let me know.

Thanks in advance!!

-Mike

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 15, 2004
Schaumburg
Yeah, come to think of it, you're right....the A/C still blows ice cold, and it only makes noise when the clutch is disengaged. What I might try is just changing the clutch, that way I won't have to evacuate the entire system just yet. Thanks for the offer...but let me try some stuff before I go and start wasting your time, LOL!

-Mike

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• SonicBlur
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list