best radial for track and street use??

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
There are no tires that excel at both.

MT DRs are fine on DRY pavent (they are deadly in the rain though) and hook great at the track, but they can wear pretty quickly with lots of street miles.

Nitto DRs are can be driven in the rain (but you still gotta be very careful, especially if the tires are almost bald), they hook decently at the track (but need to be VERY warm) and generally last for a decent amount of miles. I got over 10K on a set, but I never used em at the track.

Dunno about the BFGs... no expereince there.

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
MGT2002 said:
bfg's are pretty good in the rain for a radial, hook really good and get about 3000-5000 miles on them, depending on how they're used.

You are talking about the old thread BFG's with the blocks. The new style ones with the huge flat center stripe are crappy in da rain. I get about 4k on a set.

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
17's look like this:
131dragradials_ezr.jpg

18's looke like this:
250_BFG18.jpg

sonic02gt

Kona Blue shelby
Sep 18, 2005
:
BLUEDEVIL said:
Hey sonic! Go to discount tire in bloomingdale! Get some 275 BFG's. They might have them in stock or worst case they will get them in like 2 to 3 days! Wisen up to work on 60 ft heh! I recommend the BFG! My bone stock gt on a nitto i 60 ft a 1.8. So i guess they hook too!
i see mr dark shadow i saw you on lake street the other day i waved i see you dont wave at gt's anymore now that your pimping a cobra i ordered 275 nittos today be in wednesday :headbang

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Get two rims and throw a set of Mickey Thompsen ET streets on them. Use those for the track. On the streets, use the street radials.

Though I am not the most innocent in the past with street racing, messing around on the streets can lead to accidents, death and tickets. Even worse, someone gets killed and you are found guilty with some type of murder/manslaughter charge.

Then in prison "Nick the Dick" provides you protection from constant ass rapings and guaranteed death. In return you have to toss his salad a couple times a week. I hope you have a strong tongue.

Then, so Nick does not feel banging you is a gay act, you have your back side tatooed with an image of a women.

Sounds like fun. Let me know how it goes, maybe I can author a book for you and make millions off your ass (literally). :biggthump

Dave

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info