another twisted idea that most likely will not happen.

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
so i was sitting and pondering while looking at used s/c's for my car and thought of the lightning and what it would take to adapt the supercharger from the truck to my car. i know it will physically bolt up...but what would be involved.

new ecu/harness/pulleys/internals/fuel system? anyone ever thought of doing this?

just wondering cause there's an NOS (thats new old stock, not ricer juice) lightning supercharger on ebay for 1500 bucks.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
MGT2002 said:
so i was sitting and pondering while looking at used s/c's for my car and thought of the lightning and what it would take to adapt the supercharger from the truck to my car. i know it will physically bolt up...but what would be involved.

new ecu/harness/pulleys/internals/fuel system? anyone ever thought of doing this?

just wondering cause there's an NOS (thats new old stock, not ricer juice) lightning supercharger on ebay for 1500 bucks.

buy a 03/04 cobra, you have too many bad idea's in ur head

MGT2002 said:

get a vortech or procharger it will probally be cheeper in the long run

CDR Stang

SVT Blown V6
Feb 8, 2006
MGT2002 said:
you're the one adapting 03 cobra parts to a saturn ion :rolleyes:
Funny. I have an m112 on my v6 Stang. :eek:

Truthfully. Adapting something like that is way more work than you can imagine. I've got hundreds of hours into my setup including design and mechanical. Why did I do it? Because I now have something that is one of a kind. An m112 on a v8 has already been done. Unless you're the type of person that understands this kind of undertaking and the results, I say go procharger or buy a Cobra.IMHO :)

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Custom projects are really cool and nice but they will get expensive VERY VERY quick! Let alone all the custom fabbing that goes into it all. It has taken me 2+ years of planning for my custom one-off project for the Explorer and I still hit a snag or two. I can vouch for that when your going custom that you should allot a real worls amount of money that you would be willing to spend and then multiply that firgure times 2.5 to get what you just might have to end up spending. hehe.

It takes time too, like CDR Stang said. I took one full month off of work to do the KB on the Explorer and working off and on it took me that full month to complete it. Of course, some of that time was taken up ordering & waiting on parts that I didn't realize I would need (damn alternators!).

You would be much better served finding a used Vortech S trim kit and dropping it in your engine bay. And yes, spray does get expensive quick! Anyone got a remote bottle opener they wanna give me? :biggthump

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info