Road trip with GT s/c???

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Nov 15, 2005
Has anyone took a supercharged GT on a 1000+mile road trip each way. I was planning a trip to Florida from Chicago and I want to take my car but I don't know if this is safe. I have had Mobil 1 syn. oil since day one. I have 44,000 miles on the car as it sits. I am not planning on driving like a moron either but if I see someone that wants to play.... Is this a bad idea????

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
struckby29 said:
try to get a conversion kit it will most like make that baby faster and more relible at the same time i bet you might have a lil belt slip chad

How much boost is he running? Hey Boosted what size pulleys you running on the head unit and on the crank? Depending on his power level, an 8 rib setup may not even be warranted at this time on that centri. A closer look at the dynotune graphs with a/f's thrown in there will help determine if he is encountering belt slip, if he hasn't already noticed.

whistlen93

ouch does that hurt?
Sep 29, 2005
ehh slow... kinda still gatherin parts. gotta whip it together and go run emissions tho.. kiknda sucks cause ill have to tear it back down again. no time to tune it to pass so ill just go stock and pass.. (well kinda stock) hopfully they wont go over 4000 on the test cause it goes way rich.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Boost12 said:
dam thats what sucks about those blowers!! I wanted to do the procharger setup on my cobra but they only offer a 6 rib for it now and I know that shit would tear up like every few days with high boost :cool:

Man, I could have sworn they started offering those as 8 rib kits. I remember that you 03 Cobra guys had a really big problem (for good reason) with that when they first came out a few years ago.

If they dont offer one initially, it isn't too terribly hard to swap over to an 8 rib setup. I am running a 6 rib on the Kenne Bell at low boost for now, but plan to swap to 8 rib this summer when the shortblock swap happens.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info