Plz Help

96Cobra

Four Valve Terror
Mar 11, 2005
So i get my car back from the shop, worse then i gave it to them (dont get me started)

I over look the car trying to diagnoss the probs and 1 i think i solved, massive exhaust leak on passenger side (front) where the header meets the mid pipe, there is only 1 stud/bolt in the pipe to header, and its on the bottom, nothing is on the top of it. So i think that is causing all the noise.

Now it looks as if the stud has been picked clean and its just an open hole, does any one have any tips for getting a bolt, washers, and nut up there and tightened? I know its a pretty tight fit for arms and tools, so i was wondering if anyone could show me some light on this

Or, if part of the stud is still in there, what do i do now? kiss my ass good bye and buy some shorty headers? which would take time bc i dont relaly have money at the moment bc i had to buy a clutch etc (which i have to adjust the cable bc its way too tight, no free play in the pedal what so ever)

Please help me! I have basically pulled all my hair out, want to work on the car tomorrow, but im going to buy the parts i need (not to mention more trnany oil bc they didnt put in the proper amount, and they even told me they couldnt feel the oil in the tranny) and some jacks

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

it was done by the school and a couple friends with some other kids, no warranty, but they said they knew what they were doing and sense it came from a friend i trusted them. I will never be going back, but since no warranty i am on my own

96Cobra

Four Valve Terror
Mar 11, 2005
so with 2 hours of work, the tranny and clutch cable are done, whoot

now the PITA bolt, i tried to get it in but something is closing off its clearence and i cant get it in straight from header flange to mid pipe, so idk what to do

also from starting up the car my dad was like something is burning, through the scoops of my car was smoke, i was like ugh what the ****, then i was like well since i have an exhaust leak from the 1 side of the exhaust, its probably that.

so i told him to turn off the car, and pop the hood

he then started it, and to my demise, both sides had smoke come through, so it looks like the drive side was never tightent enough, and the passenger just has the 1 bolt, so im at a hault and dont know what to do now :confused: :crying:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list