Engine Bogging

Buzzyinmich

4U2NV
Oct 16, 2005
I think I know what the problem is, but I won't be able to tear into it till at least monday,

I am not actually 100% sure whats wrong, so im going to ask you guys, to think what it might actually be.

About 2 weeks ago, I have noticed at speeds in excess of 55 when I try to go WOT or close the engine totally boggs down, the exhaust even isnt ear piercing as it typcially is. At lower speeds, it seems to run fine or anything up too about 52psi, anything above that the truck starts to run like ass.

I have noticed usually about 52psi is where the problem is starting when im on the gas.

It almost appears to me that the engine is struggling to keep up, I am thinking it could possibly be a High/Low Pressure Relay, A Possible Fuel pump going and finally it could be a bad plug or plugs for that matter.

I intend on replacing all 8 plugs as well as the relays and the pump on monday, but in the mean time, do you guys think it could possibly be anything else? I know this is a VERY tough diagonois considering you haven't heard it or been in it for that matter.

I just replaced that recall thingy about a month ago, and it may just be coinsindental but that is when the probs have seemed to surface.

Thanks!

-Bill

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
the outlet temperature of your cat should be at least 100 degrees hotter then your pre cat temp due to a chemical reaction taking place inside of the cat. however it doesn't should like a cat problem, seems more like a fuel probelm but the only time a cat should go bad is when the engine is running like shit. the cat should out last the age of the car

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info