Lincoln Mark VIII

J

Joeychgo

Strange title for a post in this forum I suppose. :)

I have a 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII I recently bought. (ive had a 1994 mrk viii for several years. I am looking for suggestions, mostly engine related.
You can see pics and details of the car here: 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII

What I am looking for may sound a bit of a stretch. I want to run in the 11's and I dont want to use NOS. Its a heavy car - somewhere around 4300lbs. Im guessing I need somewhere around 500HP at the crank to pull this off.

Im already planning the following:

4.10 gears
Torque converter
Headers

Now - Im thinking I need to build the engine and add a vortech s-trim - but im open to suggestion. I thought getting some mustang owners opinions would be helpful.

Attachments

• i-jamler.jpg
    i-jamler.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 48

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
break out the checkbook. as the old saying goes....

speed costs - how fast do you want to go?

you can make a cement mixer run 11s if you put a big enough motor in it. the real question i guess is how much comfort/drivability are you willing to sacrifice for a car that just goes quick in a straight line? are you willing to deal with a finicky highstrung hyperactive car that requires constant futzing? thats what high hp with small cubes gets you. the more you ask that little engine to do, the less often it can do it and still live.

fr500 block, cobra crank (which means a different flexplate since your car is an auto), forged rods and pistons, 03/04 heads, and lots of boost.

its probably easier to make an f250 super duty power stroke run 11s, fwiw.

zenriddles

Guns don't kill people, 'vaccines' do
Aug 18, 2005
Holiday Inn
this belongs with my Buddies at the Thunderbird/Cougar Club of America (http://forums.tccoa.com/)
The Lincoln you have is Built on the MN 12 Platform and shares a Lot of Go Fast Goodies with the Thunderbirds and Cougars of similar body style.
I Had a Powerdyne on My 91 5.0 Tbird (4100 lbs). Longblock was totally stock. It was pulleyed at 13#, 190 lph Fuelpump, 30# injectors, 70 mm TB, 73 mm MAF, mac shorty headers, Tuning By Jerry @ Fordchip (Now with SCT) Built AOD tranny, 3:73 Auburn ProDiff Posi rear end.
My car ran mid 13's with this setup.

Like I said - Tccoa.com - Go read there for a while. I think 1 or 2 cars there are in the 11's but that is one LOFTY Goal for a car as heavy as ours.

When you do the Torque converter don't stop there. 500 HP will Torch your AODE in about 3 hard launches. Get a beefy Art Carr setup and you won't have to worry about drivetrain again. Wait till you try to take that tranny down, you will understand. It would probably be easier to take the damn thing out through the floorboards. So when you Do it, Only make yourself do it ONCE.

Good luck.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• J
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list