What got you into the whole "modding" scene?

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
i think we've had a thread like this before but doesnt hurt to have a new one..

i think it had to have been my GTP....it was the first car i owned that could actually be made fast....after i bought my first intake i was hooked...ive kinda lost the modding bug as of late tho...i mean its still there, but i'm realizing i really enjoy driving a working car then one that is fast but has a ton of day to day problems....

WhiteDevil

Armed
Jan 5, 2008
Ill just post a picture.

66_nova_02.jpg

this was my first car, well same model anyways, i had a few small blocks laying around so we dropped one in, connected the subframes, put in a 12 point cage and 4" exhaust straight out the back.

My father got me into it, he used to race alot back in the day, around here and in socal. I was born in a 70 442. Ive had muscle around me all my life. So my answer would be my Pops.

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Nov 15, 2005
Started modding/racing BMX bikes when I was a kid, moved onto building/racing go-karts...Then obviously when I turned 16 I got into cars.....Yep, thats about it...

similar....

but modding/racing BMX bikes...

modding/racing ATVs (4-wheelers)

then turned 16 and still kept riding and modding ATV's but started building Mustangs as well :bigthumb:

I still haven't really entered the modding scene yet, but there are lots of things I'd like to do, just don't have the money for it though. About 2 years ago though after I got my Grand Prix I met this guy Lee(LeeGTP on ilgpc) at a Walgreens in Naperville. I was checking out his GTP cause I thought it looked pretty sick and me and my buddy saw him walking towards it and asked if it was his. He talked to us for a good 45 minutes about all the stuff he did to his car and about Grand Prixs in general and told me about ClubGP and I've been hooked ever since.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
I guess i also started modding BMX bikes, had Dyno's, DK's, S&M's, and still have an FBM and a DK in the garage. I got this car and like Mook, realized it had some potential that could be unlocked fairly cheaply with minimal labor, and then, and then, and then....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info