Just hit 165k on my Blazer, any advice??

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
I just hit 165k on the orig motor/trans/rear end. My family has owned the car since new and maintained well. I got it from my pops with 120k and all scheduled maintenance was done until then. Since then I just change the oil every 3-5k miles.

1995 S-10 Blazer LS 2wd
4.3 Vortec with 4 spd auto

Is there anything I should do or you recommend? Anybody know much about these trucks?

It still runs like a champ and get 18 mpg with AC and 22 without. I kinda want to run it until it blows up since I am not gonna buy another car right for a while.

Thanks in advance.

fearbluer1

My 4cyl just beat your 8!
Mar 2, 2004
Jeff I have a 93 s10 with 220,000 miles. It will start going downhill, but should still be a strong running vehicle for a long LONG time.

These little 4.3's are built TOUGH!

The first thing that will start to go is the body

That is my biggest problem right now.

The things I have replaced since 200,000

Upper / Lower radiator hose
Radiator
Fan - clutch frooze up - switched to electric
AC = Converted to R134a
Front end upper and lower bushings
Pitman arm
Motor mounts
Rear tailgate latch
Interior arm rest
Dash lights - all 21 bulbs.....LOL
Plugs and wires - twice
Distributor
Ignition control module
Coil
Exhaust

Lots of touchups on body, some spots starting to rust through fast!!
:laughing2

The only few problems I still have, is that it runs rough at times when its cold, and the trans is fine until it gets really hot.

Otherwise the truck is running strong.

blubyu

TCG Elite Member
Nov 7, 2004
I don't know how anyone can live with one car that long. 35K miles and I'm looking. I got 95K on my daily driver and I'm about to go insane. Anyone want to buy a 2002 Impala? $27,000.00 new, $8,000.00 and it's all yours. Leather, heated seats, sunroof, onstar, XM Satellite radio. 3.8v6 / 30MPG hwy.

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
I do get bored of cars quick but this one was free so I can't complain.

New it was my moms, then she gave it to me dad, who then gave it to me. I have always had at least one Mustang (sometimes three to drive during the spring, summer, fall months) so that makes it easier.

blubyu said:
I don't know how anyone can live with one car that long. 35K miles and I'm looking. I got 95K on my daily driver and I'm about to go insane. Anyone want to buy a 2002 Impala? $27,000.00 new, $8,000.00 and it's all yours. Leather, heated seats, sunroof, onstar, XM Satellite radio. 3.8v6 / 30MPG hwy.

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
If you've never changed the tranny fluid, don't. Putting in new fluid at this point is likely to dislodge old deposits, causing problems.

I have always replaced bearings at 100K. Or at least repack them. You don't want a wheel falling off.

I can't really think of anything else right now.

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
ILLINI-SVT said:
If you've never changed the tranny fluid, don't. Putting in new fluid at this point is likely to dislodge old deposits, causing problems.

I have always replaced bearings at 100K. Or at least repack them. You don't want a wheel falling off.

My dad did all the scheduled stuff until up until 120k so that is covered.

Thanks guys - I want 200k miles!!!!!!!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info