Speeding tix and what they'll cost you

chry*bmb

You're a waste of my gas...
Apr 16, 2008
TN
This comes straight from a cop I know, so it IS legit. Big kisses go out to him... (If you find errors or whatever, don't come on replying it's wrong, I'm not gonna go back and say hey, this is wrong. This is STRICTLY info for those who'd like to get an idea. If you don't like it, then fine. We got it. Also, another friend at my other board posted this up...http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/publications/pdf_publications/dsd_dc1913.pdf

Here's from the cop...

1. 625 ILCS 11-601(b) Speeding, when more than 85mph or more than 30mph over the posted limit - $105.

2. 625 ILCS 11-601.5 Speeding, but only when more than 40 moh over the posted limit - Class A misdemeanor- Arrest and $2,000 (10%)

3. 625 ILCS 11-503 Reckless driving - Class A misdeneanor - Arrest and $2,000 (10%)

reckless has nothing to do with speed in Illinois and speeding alone (40mph+) can get you arrested.

you have 3 options:

1. pay by mail and apply for supervision

2. go to court and plead not guilty

3. go to court and plead guilty and be on the mercy of the court and hope for supervision

I don't know what county you got stopped in, but in DuPage, the court costs WITHOUT your fine is $285 dollars, so if you were to go to court and be found guilty and get supervision, you would owe the state $390 dollars.

now if you have been placed on supervision within the last 5 years, the state will not give you supervision through the mail, you have to go to court for the judge to allow it again.

Here in Kendall County it's pretty similar. My mom got one speeding for like 10 over and it was around $100 bux. Then when she was cruising at like 5 over she got slammed with like $100 + and took it to court, so the court cost plus the ticket was around $400. Needless to say we have had it with the police around here. They are cracking down on all kinds of crap and all it is is a money maker!!!

The last tickets I got were in DuPage 3 years ago, $75 and $95. Both for about 5-10 over. B.S.

Buddy5791

TCG Elite Member
Aug 6, 2007
Naperville
not to mention drag racing. i've always feared about getting arrested for that... hopefully i never get caught.

X2

but this weekend i was being stupid with some friends

on 75th street near the naperville DMV

a WRX
SRT-8 Jeep
Accord
and my SI

all flew past a cop going about 70 that was sitting at a stoplight and my dumbass friends blowoff valve went off right infront of the cop

i was scared shitless but the cop didnt do anything he just turned the opposite direction that we were going

WhiteDevil

Armed
Jan 5, 2008
woah, 1G. Isn't that a slap in the face!!

Shit, I had to pay over 3k just to get my liscense reinstated after speeding tickets in crook and duepaid counties.

What the fucked up part is, they dont let you know your liscense is invalid when they suspend or revoke in Illinois. Thats how they get the big bucks, and not only that, driving suspended is a felony now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info