SCT Xcalibrator 2 help

Cobra99

Go Big or Go Home
May 11, 2005
Algonquin
I got the SCT Xcalibrator 2 and my car is running very lean. The Xcalibrator 2 has a section where you can data log but I don't know which A/F ratio section to look at. The guys at Street Stuff said I my A/F is running at 16 and it needs to be around 13. Should I just create another custom tune and have the motor run more rich? Then I would really like to see if I'm at a safe A/F ratio so I can get to top Byron on the 14th. Any help would be great. :headbang:

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
Cobra99 said:
I got the SCT Xcalibrator 2 and my car is running very lean. The Xcalibrator 2 has a section where you can data log but I don't know which A/F ratio section to look at. The guys at Street Stuff said I my A/F is running at 16 and it needs to be around 13. Should I just create another custom tune and have the motor run more rich? Then I would really like to see if I'm at a safe A/F ratio so I can get to top Byron on the 14th. Any help would be great. :headbang:
If you car is running that lean, I would STRONGLY suggest getting it tuned by a good tuner. The changes that can be made with the XCal 2 are for SMALL tweaks, not retuning...

Ohh and you cannot datalog your A/F without a wideband o2 sensor that can connect to the xcal (lm1, lc1, etc)

Cobra99

Go Big or Go Home
May 11, 2005
Algonquin
Wiked03 said:
If you car is running that lean, I would STRONGLY suggest getting it tuned by a good tuner. The changes that can be made with the XCal 2 are for SMALL tweaks, not retuning...

Ohh and you cannot datalog your A/F without a wideband o2 sensor that can connect to the xcal (lm1, lc1, etc)
Do you think the guys at Street Stuff would do a good job with a tune? Seems like they would for the price. They quoted me $80/hour since I ran my car twice on their Dyno today and $320 for a chip....... :dunno: Is that good price for a chip?

1badass96gt

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2004
Cobra99 said:
Do you think the guys at Street Stuff would do a good job with a tune? Seems like they would for the price. They quoted me $80/hour since I ran my car twice on their Dyno today and $320 for a chip....... :dunno: Is that good price for a chip?

If you have an X-Cal 2 you don't need a chip. You will need a custom tune from a dealer of SCT though if that a/f is correct.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info