Weird rubbing/vibration noise when accelerating

Bigturbonotch

WAIT AND SEE
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2005
Alright well Finished the headers and catback yesterday and today took it for a ride. This is so weird it seems liek there is a vibration/rubbing sound when I accelerate. This happens not every time but very frequently, especially in gears 1, 2, and 3. Im not sure what this is. I dont think that the driveshaft is rubbing against anything though. I had a new clutch and flywheel put in about a month ago if that means anything. Please advise me on what to do here I have looked everything over.

Snowman

Large Member
Jul 20, 2005
I had a similar thing happen with one of my old cars. I put an offroad h-pipe in and it looked like it had enough clearance when we put it in. Took it out and drove it the thing was making an awful noise when accelerating. Put it back up on the lift everything looked clear. Then someone noticed a shiny ring on the drive shaft where part of the exhaust was rubbing. Once the car was on the ground and on its suspension the clearance was tight. Under acceleration when the back suspension went down the thing would rub. We then took the H-pipe off and re-bent the hangers so it would clear. Also check where your driveshaft bolts on the rear axle.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Bigturbonotch
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list