Wheaton, IL
IMG00116.jpg

Bone-stock 1993 DX Automatic sedan.

Picking it up today. Discuss.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
pretty sad when people base their car purchases on MPG's.... thats how cars that fucked up end up staying on the road. if i was your next door neighbor and had to look at both of your hunk of shit hondas parked next to my house, i would move!

How did the civic 'fuck up' I don't get it...?

And I live in the boonies man, I'm sure my neighbors could care less.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Last edited:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
id hardly call a 15 year old car reliable, even if it is a honda.... for christs sake you are already bragging that you have another trans for when this one breaks.... so what is it, reliable or a fixxer upper?

Dude, Calm down!

I have a MANUAL transmission laying around, so we can CONVERT it when we want to.

Not all of us can afford going out and buying 2008 honda civics because they are 'more reliable' than their 15 year old counterparts.

and MY 16 year old civic hatch is just as fast and reliable as your brand new one, and is worth a fraction of what yours is, what does that say?

If you beat on ANYTHING it will break, I just posted this to kinda say "check out who else is getting a honda". And if her civic breaks down, and needs a new motor, I will spend as much on that new motor as it would cost you to replace a single TIRE on your car...

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
real reliable huh?

Yup, Motor is golden, Trans chunked because it was driven hard as humanly possible for about 15min within a week of it being assembled. Even so, new trans is $250, I'm not crying over it. You blow your trans, they can claim its due to abuse, and you're out 2-3K.

not trying to start shit. Just saying, last i checked the Si ran somewhere around a 15 maybe high 14.

Thats about what an LS swapped hatch runs, and its getting boosted this month anyways.

lets see... 15 shit honda motors that are being sold for dirt cuz nobody else wants them, or 4 new tires on my vette.... im going with the tires

:gives:

Just be glad for Kim, Its not going to be a speed demon, its so she can get to work without worrying about gas prices, or blowing up her car.

James

TCG Elite Member
Jan 18, 2008
pretty sad when people base their car purchases on MPG's.... thats how cars that fucked up end up staying on the road.
id hardly call a 15 year old car reliable, even if it is a honda....
Easy to tell you're just jealous of the MPG's and the reliability.
You really must like fighting losing arguments.

:rofl:

or 4 new tires on my vette.... im going with the tires
Here we go....getting rid of the myth that all Vette owners are elitist pricks (with small dicks).
You're really helping the small dick argument ALOT in this thread too.
:bowrofl:

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Easy to tell you're just jealous of the MPG's and the reliability.
You really must like fighting losing arguments.

:rofl:

Here we go....getting rid of the myth that all Vette owners are elitist pricks (with small dicks).
You're really helping the small dick argument ALOT in this thread too.
:bowrofl:

James; calls it like it is....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

about as good as the drag radials are good in the snow arguement!

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
I honestly think Kim would rather drive the rusty civic that gets 35mpg to and from work than your over-heating, gas eating Vette come to think of it...

I think we both know that statement is completely ridiculous, especially if the vette had a new head gasket. You can't compare a roller painted 93 civic to a corvette. I understand that it's a good commuter and much better on gas but if someone said; "you can have this 93 civic DX with a roller paint job, or this corvette that needs a new head gasket", the choice would be clear.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I think we both know that statement is completely ridiculous, especially if the vette had a new head gasket. You can't compare a roller painted 93 civic to a corvette. I understand that it's a good commuter and much better on gas but if someone said; "you can have this 93 civic DX with a roller paint job, or this corvette that needs a new head gasket", the choice would be clear.

I just asked, and she said she wouldn't be able to afford the vette, so she would prefer the civic. Maintenance and fuel economy FTW

And personally, I'd rather drive the civic as well because I wouldn't be afraid of it getting damaged in a public parking lot, or of it getting stolen like I would if I owned a vette

This is the next call out. Dan's Civic Vs. The new Si. My money is on Stink Star's car. 8k rpm ftw.

I think it'd be a close/fun race, I'd do it for fun sometime if he's up for it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info