Help me convince...

Buddy5791

TCG Elite Member
Aug 6, 2007
Naperville
my dad

k well i was talking to my dad about letting me do "stuff" to my car

i was thinking just intake exhaust and maybe some tints/ small things

well i talked to him a little about it and he said why do you want to make it faster its allready fast...

i was wondering if any of you had any ideas of what i could use to get my dad to let me do stuff to the car

i got one idea which is what my friend said to his dad

dad: why do you want to mod the car
friend: because i like cars and i want to work on the as a hobby

anyone else got any ideas?

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
imho that is a total waste of money. esp if you are 16/17 (not sure?) - take that money and go drive at some autocrosses. if you are on all seasons it is worth getting sticky icky tires for the summer. those will do worlds more to make you faster than an intake and an exhaust.

K0R3AN

I Love Lamp!
Apr 29, 2008
Denver, CO
Haha, let me see what i used...

Its good for resumes and job applications; good hobby; do it for learning experience; to understand mechanics of your car; to become an enthusiast; or just the plain ole ricky bobby "i wanna go fast!"

since my dad also knows nothing, i made just some outlandish exclaimations about modding a car. haha

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
i wouldnt even bother modding it....u wont see any worthwhile gains and imo just make the car sound like ass....go w/ some nice tints and call it a day

im gonna have to disagree with the sound statement. exhaust would obviously make the car sound like shit, but an intake makes the car sound 100x better.

my only advice to the OP would be, if you really want the mods, do research first!!!! and if you cant afford a part, dont skimp out and find a cheap alternative! i.e. if you cant afford a catback exhaust, dont just buy a el cheapo muffler and have midas weld it on, that is what is known as rice...

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
My dad is an old-school hot rodder. Never had that problem :D
Of course my parents never paid for my shit, either, so I was free to do whatever ... kinda liked it that way

I hate to sound like a curmudgeon, but save you money and enjoy the car as is, it's a already a sweet ride.

Buddy5791

TCG Elite Member
Aug 6, 2007
Naperville
Tell him "so its there when you need it"

lol

Its good for resumes and job applications; good hobby; do it for learning experience; to understand mechanics of your car; to become an enthusiast; or just the plain ole ricky bobby "i wanna go fast!"

since my dad also knows nothing, i made just some outlandish exclaimations about modding a car. haha

ya i think i might go with good hobby

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
maybe a catback and intake.. dont go crazy with money...

maybe some exterior stuff to set it apart from other cars too... plus dont do anything to void the warranty!!!

whoever said go auto-x the car, i would imagine if his dad is paying for ins and gas and he doesnt want it modded, i dont think he'd be too thrilled if he took it racing or to the track lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info