I think I need a little help

Phreakazoid

Wallsticks, motherfucker
Dec 5, 2007
Okay, so my car got nice and fucked last week and long story short I now have nothing to ride in. So I need a new car ASAP. I've never shopped around before as I've had this car since I was in high school. Any tips on where to go besides taking a look at online shit?

Some basic things I'd prefer, just for some reference anyhow:
1. I'd like a V6, it's not entirely going to break the deal but I really like the idea that when I step on the gas, it'll have some pick up.
2. 2 door, once again not going to break the deal but it's a preference... I like smaller cars.
3. I definitely need to keep it under 15,000... possibly way lower than that actually but 15k is my max.

Also, i have absolutely no idea what $ amount i'll be putting down.. I'm just gathering ideas. I would REALLY like something like an RX-8, and I've found a couple at like 14,900. That's pushing my max and the insurance would probably kill me on something like that anyway, but it's a reference. Also if that car is shit let me know.. seriously so that I can stop drooling and wishing.

Any help is appreciated, also Mook if this is in the wrong spot feel free to move it (didn't know if it should be in General or not).

Phreakazoid

Wallsticks, motherfucker
Dec 5, 2007
My co-worker JUST sold his light blue 1993 4 cylinder MX-6 with 146K to Sierra Motors of Ottawa IL. Spun like a top too, He traded it in for a brand new Mazda 3 Touring

I'd almost recommend the same for you, take a look at some 3's

Yeah, i thought about those. As it stands I can't trade it in so I'm going off just savings. I'll take more look into 3's. They seem like great cars, fairly inexpensive too

Mickey

Look at those low rates!
Feb 13, 2008
Normal, IL
Real Name
Mickey Cole
VRIS FTL. For those of you who do not know what that is, be thankful. Interesting none of the cars reccomended were 6 cylinders.

do not get an rx-8. and not because of insurance. its the fact that you have to literally PULL the whole motor out of the car to replace spark plugs
This is nonsense...

My girlfriend drives a 3 hatch and I love that thing. It is fun as hell to drive and its an auto. Look into a 5 speed :bigthumb: If you really need a v6 I hear GPs are nice.

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
Ever thought of owning a Mini Cooper S? They get nice gas mileage, but they take premium. I dont know how much you like to mod the car, but they have a huge aftermarket and some pretty cheap mods to get you going.
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/searc...awsp=false&keywordsrep=&keywordsfyc=&systime=
Do you want an auto? Manual, driving to and around dekalb isn't too rough.

Or if you wanna stay in the Mazda family you can get an MX-3 with the 1.8L V-6. I'm just kidding, just give some more criteria and we can probably find a perfect fit for you.

Buddy5791

TCG Elite Member
Aug 6, 2007
Naperville
how about this 3 looks pretty nice but its automatic though nice gas 2

its at carmax in naperville

(wont let me post the link but its not hard to find the car just serch the stock number

Stock # 4979434
2007 Mazda Mazda3 i 4D Sedan

Mileage: 15K Color: Red

Drive: 2WD Interior: Black Cloth

Be the first to write a review.

Read Reviews Write a Review
Customer Reviews
Be the first to write a review.

Product Reviews

CarMax
No-Haggle Price: $14,998*
Estimate Your Monthly Payment See Pricing Details

Equipment
Air Bag(s)
Air Conditioning
AM/FM Stereo
Automatic Transmission
CD Player
Cloth Seats
Power Steering
Rear Defroster

Full Package Details Specifications
Automatic
2.0L Engine
4 Cylinders
4 Door
2WD
EPA Mileage 26/34
132 Torque@4500rpm
144 Horsepower@6500rpm

Prior use: fleet

Phreakazoid

Wallsticks, motherfucker
Dec 5, 2007
Wow, thanks for the help guys.

I think i might take people's advice and go test drive some 3's.
I'm not much of a modder, so to be honest a car's ability to do that really doesn't bother me.

I think my mom suggested an older supra y2k, but I haven't looked too much into them. I dunno if I'd find one in decent shape for my price. That and once again I'm sure the insurance would kill me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info