Picked up another nitro RC car

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Got a runner for $50 on eBay. It's dirty, the wiring is a rat's nest and doesn't come with a transmitter but it's got the bigger 2.5 engine and a bunch of bodies. I'm going to clean it up, fix what's wrong with the spare parts I have from my existing Rustler and put the big engine (60 percent more power) into my current Rustler chassis. Plus one of the bodies says "Ass" on it. How can you pass that up?

Then the old engine is going in this one and I'm giving it to my dad as a bday gift.

RC%20car%201.jpg

RC%20car%202.jpg

Me and a work buddy ran both of our cars the other day and it was a blast. Def going to try and see if anyone on here is interested in "bashing" come spring, or even sooner if you guys run them in the winter.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
i gotta get my Savage running.. needs to be dialed in i think, doesn't wanna start n run. Got a new gear for it and such.. Barely been used, just sitting in a corner somewhere.

The gearing makes a huge difference. I have a 72 in mine and my buddy has a 70 in his. We both have similar cars with the TRX .15 engines and I destroyed him out of the hole. Top speed was similar, though. Could also be carb tuning I guess. I've been dicking around with mine the past few weeks.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Oh, Joel. You were right about off-peak bidding times. This auction ended on a Sunday in the AM. :bigthumb:

Nice! I usually bid on stuff that ends either in the morning or around rush hour. Late at night stuff or during the day (when people are "working") seem to always get bid up.

Slolane-
I have the highest top speed gear that was available from richmond gearing on my savage. I've also got a. .30 and a 3 speed though. It won't keep the front end on the ground....it's annoying.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
It's the body with K&N colors. You can see it in the second image. :rofl:

I've been reading that guys use DOT4 brake fluid to take the paint off the inside without destroying the body. I may try that and repaint that body since I think it's an aftermarket one.

You'll spend more on brake fluid and prep than you would by just buying a new, unpainted aftermarket body. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info