Illinois Front License Plate Law Bill 4888 change!!!!

MACH OH 1

Formerly DaGerdMan
Mar 22, 2009
Roselle IL
So I was just doing a little bit of research about the 4888 bill, which of course is about the dreaded front license plates... I found some pretty good news it seems, if I understood it right when I read it that starting after Jan 10, 2011 front license plates in IL are not going to be required. It is saving the IL gov. a million every year. Here is the link to the actual bill on Illinois webpage.
:jg:

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=4888&GAID=10&DocTypeID=HB&SessionID=76&GA=96

99PONTIACGP

TCG Elite Member
Oct 3, 2008
Chicago
Real Name
Mike
:fy:

Synopsis As Introduced
Amends the Illinois Vehicle Code. Provides that, beginning with the next registration year after the effective date of this amendatory Act in which the Secretary of State distributes newly designed standard registration plates for motor vehicles, the Secretary of State shall issue one registration plate (instead of 2) for newly registered motor vehicles and the registration plate shall be attached to the rear (instead of front and rear) of the motor vehicle.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
damn looks like the wagn is gonna sit for a bit longer till i aint gotta put one on the front (virgin front bumper)
duct tape.

Well, I already had holes drilled into the bumper of the Mustang a few years back. So if it does pass, I'm going to have two ugly holes showing. :(
Red vinyl. Nobody will notice. Or plastic welder and touchup paint.

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
Well, I already had holes drilled into the bumper of the Mustang a few years back. So if it does pass, I'm going to have two ugly holes showing. :(
But, you should be able to run a different plate once the offical front one is gone. In NC where we didn't have front plates I run a 1976 Georgia front plate on my Trans Am. So you could run a mustang plate or something custom if you like.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info