Northstar V8 in a cavalier?

SilentShado

303 HP+315 ft lbs = 1 GXP with 2 bald bridgestones
Apr 3, 2009
Mchenry, IL
i really wish these people would keep the body stock. just like the guy with the blown N* in a grand prix. cool swap, but the gay body kit has to go.

I agree, the only reaon that I came across this car was I have been researching swapping a 3800 S/C into a Z24. But now after seeing that I might think about dropping in a LS4. But like you said I will not do much to the exterior.

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
DSC04445.jpg

Hell yeah!

Smoke

Addict
Feb 11, 2009
Quad 4's are seriously NOT very good motors... a boosted ecotec would suffice.

but +1 for making that thing fit.
Actually,it could be argued the Ecotecs a worse motor,given the tendency of '02 Ecotec motors to kill timing chains on a dime.

Anyways,its creative,but he coulda gotten the same gains in terms of work from a quad 4 hybrid motor with less 'side effects'.

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
why anyone does northstar swaps is beyond me...the motor is shit. i wouldnt own one unless it was free, and i NEVER had to work on it (which means someone else is, b/c they always need work lol).

he did a nice job on the swap, but thumbs down for choice of powerplant

on a side note, i know of quite a few quad4 HO's that are turbo'd making some good power....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info