my jeep remained stock for almost 4 weeks..

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
if some of you didnt know, the day before thanksgiving, i picked up an 01 cherokee...

ive been driving it... blah blah blah. its gay.

so... ordered 4.5inch lift... and 33s and wheels as some of you saw...

and ups man dropped off lift today... cranked up heat in the garage... and started attacking the bitch.

hopefully ill be done tomorrow night... i need to go rent a spring compressor... and that should be a good way to dominate it.

thank god for PB blaster...

pics soon hopefully.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
K J said:
lol...

luckily... i am luckier than you... and havent gotten to experience that... only had to have the rear end rebuilt because the carrier bearings were shot.

Sorry to go off topic, but how much did that cost? How did you know they were shot? My dad has a 99 JGC, and something in the rear dif hums like all hell, sounds like bad wheel bearings.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Sorry to go off topic, but how much did that cost? How did you know they were shot? My dad has a 99 JGC, and something in the rear dif hums like all hell, sounds like bad wheel bearings.

thats exactly what mine sounded like... and my dads buddy hooked him/me up... and charged me 500 flat... im pretty sure it should be quite a bit more though... my dad knows quite a few people around here so... thats a definite plus....

yea i do live in McHenry... by the river.... where are you at?

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
K J said:

thats exactly what mine sounded like... and my dads buddy hooked him/me up... and charged me 500 flat... im pretty sure it should be quite a bit more though... my dad knows quite a few people around here so... thats a definite plus....

Ah, lucky :bigthumb:

Dont forget to post pics of the progress!

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
worthless%20thread%20without%20pics.gif

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
ya its a pullin contest

haha helllll no.

my grand prix has more balls than my jeep does in 4wd. and thats not saying anything...

ill get some pics up later... this thing is a turdbox.

my grand prix comes apart 23809529358 times easier and goes back together just as easily... annnd my grand prix has more miles... and is the same year. jeep sucks.

ive done 2 lifts on cherokees and did that to both of them, not cool.

what did you do to remedy the problem?

i have a few ideas but... nothin i am really pumped on.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Deng, 9yr old tires? Those finna blow the fuq up on that person. Maybe they're the same brand but newer... hopefully.

im 95% sure they are the ones i put on. i see this every few years, and it hasnt had new tires on it any of those times... and i dont normally think people would go white letters out when replacing em :rofl:

This is also an example of how much better cellphone cameras have gotten.

so true

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Cool to see it still hanging around. I don't believe any of my past cars are still alive. Maybe the last GS.

yeah it is way cool, i crack up every time seeing it.

my old burban is owned by my buddy right now still, has like around 400k on original EVERYTHING basically... trans, engine, rear end, etc... engine spun a bearing, and he put one iin it, while the engine was in the truck :rofl:

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
sorry the pic quality sucks.... cell phone cam...

the bolt that is hindering all progress:

1213071757a.jpg

new shock bolts:
1213071757b.jpg

some what progress...

1213071758c.jpg

best pic of the front... i could get...

1213071758b.jpg

dont worry... those arent the final wheel and tire combo...

Info or pics on what looks to be a 74ish Caprice on the lift?
Is it for sale?
Edit: Never mind, just seen this thread is like 10 years old, lmfao

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info