or

Pontiac G8

pic0085.jpg

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
i dont think it's fair to compare the SS-V
granted the G8 auto show 'concept' was supposed to be a GT, the commodore SS-V version has a more agressive front fascia, etc than it's normal bretheren. the base commodore Omega looks very blah compared to the G8's front. I'd be surprised if the GXP version (no it's not announced but it has to be coming) of the G8 didnt have a similar agressive front fascia to the SS-V

besides... the G8 looks so much better in red than in the show-car grey.

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
bluzohh6 said:
yeah well its going to tank if they keep that shitty split grille look, worst idea ever, did bad with a different Holden, so lets do the same thing with another one

umm... you do realize that the split grille look is the pontiac trademark, visible in all of it's vehicles, right? i dont see them loosing the split grille anytime soon. the GTO wasn't executed well, that i'll agree with, but the G8 is an entirely different animal.

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
CrazyMook said:
pontiac needs to understand that the grille looks like shit slapped on every single car. it looks like garbage on the solstice, like garbage on the gto and continues to look like garbage on any car they touch

the split grille on the solstice is the least of its problems :rollseyes:

the GTO wasnt bad.... and i like my GTP. to each his own, i guess.

that being said, i cant really say that i like the G8 split grille, but i dont hate it either. I think it has more to do with the shape of the grille on either side of the split.

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
yeah, i can see that. once the torrent dies and since the montana will be dead soon, that will help... they really dont fit there.

i'll be curious to see what the G8 looks like with aftermarket inserts, etc.

if i were a fiberglass maniac, i'd have already hacked on my GTP to make the split grille flush like on the 04-06 GTO. -- the oposite of what alot of GTO owners are doing with the special recessed grille inserts.

:eek:

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
EmersonHart13 said:
Eh, shit happens? That is American cars for you... For some reason or another they absolutely have to fuck up at least 2-3 things in every car, and in the case of Ford they only do 2-3 things right.

what do you mean? ford has been at the top of the design field since they're conception

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
CrazyMook said:
EmersonHart13 said:
Eh, shit happens? That is American cars for you... For some reason or another they absolutely have to fuck up at least 2-3 things in every car, and in the case of Ford they only do 2-3 things right.

what do you mean? ford has been at the top of the design field since they're conception

i think this forum migh need to implement a feature like i've seen on some others.... sarcasm should be in green

..... Mook, your last post needs to be green. absolutely....

:bigthumb:

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Just a bad joke...

No car is perfect and a lot of companies struggle with maintaing a look that is synonymous with their company. The grill and badging are the best ways to identify a car company so designers are often scared to stray from what is universally recognizable. I agree that some forms of the Pontiac grills came out better than others, but there are many other cars that have suffered the same fate...

Thread Info