weird electrical issue

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
So I was coming home from lunch, and sitting at a stoplight, and all of a sudden my radio kept turning on and off, my tach would fall to 0 and go back up to normal, and my abs light kept coming on. :dunno: I turned off my radio and a/c and got it home, and tried to turn everything on that i could, and it started doing it again and eventually died. So then i started it back up and tried to recreate it again but it seemed fine after that.

I know my battery is probably on its way out....could that be the problem? but would a momentary lapse of battery power cause the whole car to die? seems kinda wierd. it didnt do it all when i came back from lunch, but i didnt have my radio on or a/c or anything.

kinda...strange

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
well, i KNOW my battery is on its away out. Im even amazed its lasted this long. thats the same battery thats been in the car since i bought it, and its been over 3 years. batteries dont usually last more than 2 out here. Might have to try and see if i can get a new battery this week

Hoaxs

Jun 5, 2007
Montgomery
It could be the battery. If one the 4 cells in the battery is failing it will cause the car not to run at the 12-14 volts it needs to be at. If it happens agian try to test the voltage at the battery and see what it saids. Or you can test teh battery to to see if its bad. Test the base voltage and then just leave the car on the on postion and turn everthing on (signals, ac, radio, lights, wipers, defroster etc.) for about 30 secs. then turn the key to off adn then test the battery if the voltage doestn recover back to its base voltage or come close to it after 15 sec, your battery is bad. And you can do the same to the alternator if the car is running, just test the base voltage with the car running, then turn everthing on and check the voltage on the battery as quick as you can, if the voltage doesnt come back up you have a weak alternator. Other than that the only thing I can think of right now is a short some where or high resistance somewhere, or a lose terminal. who knows. Hope i helped a bit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info