Summer on Woodward Ave

Well since I'm living in Michigan for the next few months, I'll be hitting up Woodward Ave probably one night each weekend. I'll be working on my rolling/night photography as it isn't the best right now. Still getting the hang of which spots to choose on Woodward but found a good group of guys for the future! I suspect most weeks I'll take more photos, but anyway here's a few shots from last night!!

Q3efomd.jpg

Y7Fjkt2.jpg

HArx3ra.jpg

Iqfhjrp.jpg

CIZQ2Lq.jpg

yGtnhFC.jpg

s6VsBj2.jpg

3hwDkkU.jpg

Jl6pWS3.jpg

3SoY7r9.jpg

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I usually go to the dream cruise every year, although last year I had other things come up, and this year, I had to take my vacation to move my Mother out to Maine, so I won't be going this year either.

Anyway, this is constant, non-stop car action the entire week leading up to, and then of course that Saturday of the dream cruise is the grand ball. I would usually get up there late Wednesday before, and then spend time with the Caddy V group, our Holden groups, and a couple of the Bonneville guys (Mattstrike on here). That Friday, members of the G8Board would rent the parking lot of the national shrine of the little flower at Woodward and 12 mile.

Anyway, it was constant non-stop action until all the local PD's (Royal Oak, Birmingham and Bloomfield hills) start shutting it down around 10pm. In Pontiac, people wet down the far right lane and encourage burnouts. The Caddy V guys have a spot just south of Big Beaver Rd. and there are quite a few 4 lane wide shootouts from that light.

All in all, it's an awesome time. Make sure your cooling system is up to snuff, because on Saturday, it's a 3 lane parking lot.

Forgot, in 2016, I went out to the Lansing/Grand River Assembly plant (where my Caddy was built), for the 50th anniversary of the Camaro. All the Big 3 do shit like this that entire weekend.

You will also see a lot of prototype and concept vehicles running up/down Woodward. I had C7's next to me before they were out, saw the new Colorado roaming before GM started production, the ATS-V when GM was keeping mum on them, a prototype aluminum F-150 when they were bringing that to market, lots of stuff. One year, in the marketing push for the Hellcat's, they had them running up/down Woodward with a truck behind it on a loudspeaker...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info