insurance question

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Jun 7, 2011
Ohare
I was involved in a hit and run yesterday (belmont craigin area). Short story is guy merged into my lane pretty quickly as I passed by him going faster than him, and he knocked into the rear driver door.

Police report filed. But with insurance, I have a $500 deductible with state farm, full coverage. Since it was a hit and run do I still pay that. Does my rate go up? Im just hesitant to ask state farm first. Or should I go to a body shop first and see what the damage is money wise. Although I may need a new door. Scratches about 2 feet long and shallow bents. pic below

33940790_10214555107324809_6376979437497352192_o.jpg

:trump:

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Internet search pulled this.

20 -Hit And Run Driver: If the driver who hit your car is unidentified, you will pay your collision deductible to your insurance company, but your insurance rate doesn't increase. In order for this to be considered not at fault by your insurance company, most require a copy of a police report.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
What are you going to do? Wait around? The police aren't going to focus their time on finding a minor hit and run driver, and even then, he probably doesn't have insurance (hence not stopping) so you're in the same boat anyways. Just get the quote, it's probably about as much if not less than your deductible and go on with your life.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Shadow99
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list