Recommendations for inexpensive tires...

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Having experienced the wonder that is a good set of summer and winter tires? I'll never go back to cheepies.

Even if I was doing all seasons I'd spend decent money on the tires. DWS is a great mid pack tire. The Kuhmo 4X is under your $100/tire, but I wouldn't go any cheaper than that.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Yeah based on the tirerack stuff, looks like General Altimax RT43 seem alright. I've had Generals ASTs in cars before and they've been good for the price, but I haven't had any experience with this specific tire.

I always ran General Tires when I was on a budget. They make nice tires for the price. The last set of Generals I had was the Gmax AS-03. They were good for a sport all season tire. If you can spend a little more, I second the Continental DWS. It is an excellent all season tire with a pretty reasonable price.

SMKE EM

Banned
Nov 9, 2016
NWI
nankangs, very cheap all season with a decent mileage warranty

TBH brand doesn't matter if all your looking for is a tire. Pay attention to speed and load ratings, it's true some tread designs might stop better than others, but don't let that distract you from the fact that a new tire is better than what you have currently.

other brands I've used and are decent:
Nexen, General

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Gotta be cheap about the only thing that touches the road and insures your safety as well as everyone around you, that's neat.

There are plenty of tires in his price range that are very good tires. Not everyone can afford spending $150+/tire.

IMO, there are plenty of tires under the $100 threshold that are extremely safe, and any difference between tires twice as expensive start to get questionable, especially an all season

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info